We Speak Simplicity:
Bestpass is a comprehensive payment platform provider and leader in toll management solutions for commercial fleets of all shapes and sizes. We ensure data accuracy, consolidate payments, and save users time and money. Founded in 2001 by truckers for truckers, we are a trusted partner on the road and in the back office for customers and tolling authorities. Let’s face it, trucking fleets have faced unprecedented challenges these last few years. This past year alone, they faced one of the largest supply crunches in history coupled with a significant shortage of drivers. When it comes to managing toll, it’s pretty easy for a household consumer with only two cars in their driveway, but it is an incredibly complex task for trucking fleets.
That’s where Bestpass comes in! We make tolling simple.
Our solutions help trucking fleets spend 40% less time managing transponders and 30% less time making toll payments, all while enjoying volume discounts (where applicable). Bestpass customers can turn their attention away from complex administrative tasks to focus on the challenges that are most important to their business. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to join our fleet?
At Bestpass, you’re in the Driver’s Seat!
The General Manager will lead our new product line, ExpressTruckTax (ETT), which was recently acquired from SPAN Enterprises. The GM will lead the efforts through the integration and will be responsible for managing the product line, the P&L, and partnering with internal centers of excellence to drive the growth and success of the business.
What Your Ride Will Look Like:
- Plan, develop and implement a successful integration and operational strategy for our newly acquired product line, ETT.
- Create an effective partnership with the SPAN Enterprises team to continue ETT growth, spending a considerable amount of time (approx. 50%) in the first year at Span’s HQ in Rock Hill, SC.
- Lead the efforts to understand and document existing processes, looking to include Bestpass best practices as the integration progresses.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product and help develop the future product roadmap.
- Learn and absorb the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends to influence and inform product development, pricing, and go-to-market.
- Define and track Objectives and Key Results.
- Utilize data to develop and measure sales & marketing progress, forecasting, budgeting, and product execution and engagement.
- Work across Bestpass teams to pursue opportunities to accelerate revenues through cross-sell, up-sell, bundling of ETT and other Bestpass offerings.
- Provide Executive leadership with regular updates on business performance as well as tracking and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Optimize sales and operational efficiency through innovative thinking and process improvement.
- Build deep partnerships with cross functional teams including marketing, sales, technology and finance to ensure program objectives are met. Serve as a final point of escalation for customers.
- Own the P&L and pull revenue and cost levers to meet goals.
- Engage with customers and prospects on a regular basis to ensure alignment across strategy, execution and roadmap
- Serve as the face of the product line at industry events and conferences
- Inform staff of new or changing strategies and their outcomes
- Frequent travel to our partner location in SC.
Show Off What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA will earn you some extra brownie points!
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience, ideally in a similar role
- P&L management experience highly preferred; e-tax solutions experience a plus
- Industry experience in tech solutions supporting fleets or taxes preferred
- Team player with outstanding leadership skills able to succeed in a matrix environment
- Ability to delegate and hold others accountable
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively present to Leadership Team
- Advanced problem-solving skills with ability to recognize and resolve issues quickly
- Demonstrated success in integrations and the cross-selling of new products
What Drives Us to Work Every Day:
- We pride ourselves on making a difference, to our employees, clients, and their businesses.
- We love “quirky” and accept team members for who they are & what they bring to the table.?
- We are proud to build all our relationships based on transparency and trust.
- We are laid back yet driven and always professional.
- Our offices are modern and fully equipped to make you feel at home.
- Enjoy a team meeting in one of our two cafes, shoot some darts while brainstorming ideas or just sit back and enjoy free healthy snacks and drinks to keep your mind and body satisfied.
- All our teams consist of top talent that are energetic, inquisitive and love jumping out of bed each day because they know they can and will make a difference!
We care about your Zen:
- A flexible work schedule, with in office, remote and/or hybrid roles.
- An amazing benefits package, including health and dental-effective on your first day of work.
- Paid time off so you can have time to relax and experience a healthy work-life balance.
- A 401K plan with an impressive company match. It’s never too early to start saving for retirement!
- Tuition reimbursement to help expand your mind and keep your career on track
- Health and wellness focused work environment - optional standing desks, office fitness challenges, monthly chair massages and plenty of outdoor space to take a walk or just clear your mind.?
- Opportunities to participate in charitable events, give back to the community and get paid for your efforts!?
- We reward success with promotions from within and encourage all employees to switch lanes and check out other departments.?
- We pay hefty referral bonuses to all employees who refer family and friends!?
Bestpass Core Values – We are #OneBP
- Own Outcomes: We take ownership for our actions, decisions, and we deliver on our promises. When we fall short, we create learning opportunities.
- Nurture Growth: We encourage learning new things, expanding your skills, sharing your individual ideas and asking tough questions
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in everything we do and chart the path from good to great
- Boldly Innovate: We are bold in our thinking, and we challenge the status quo in all areas. We are solution seekers even when faced with tough problems.
- People First: We win as a team by collaborating and bringing out the best in each other. We always treat others as they would like to be treated.
Bestpass is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that is respectful and welcoming of individual differences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.