This is the opportunity to get in early with a stealth health & wellness project currently incubating in Walmart's Store No8. At Store No8, the team will discover and deliver the insights that will power the future of healthcare for our customers, through the unparalleled scale of Walmart’s platform. In this role, you will triage the operational and commercial formation of the business, working closely with the project’s business and technical leads, the core Store No8 team, and our partners within the Walmart Health business.
Top reasons to join us:
- This is a rare opportunity – you will architect and shape the growth of a stealth health & wellness project from the ground up, ultimately helping Walmart’s millions of customers to live better every day
- Startup energy, Walmart backing - you will move at the speed of a startup without time lost to fundraising and finding customers; you will have clarity of mission from Day One and the full support of our leadership team in this audacious mission
- Access – our affiliation with the Fortune 1 company enables us to access the best and the brightest in the industry, and you will be empowered to form and own these relationships
About the Role
As Founding Chief of Staff you will initially work with the project’s leadership to stand up this effort inside of Store No8. You will play a critical role in bringing the initiative into existence. You will drive the operational activities required for initial project formation, work with Talent to build out the team and help articulate and document the product roadmap. You will drive budgeting, resourcing, and execution, with full visibility into the business and accountability for reporting results. Finally, once the initiative is up and running, you will transition to quarterback the ongoing business with direct reporting lines to the Executive Lead.
Who will love this job:
- A health evangelist – you believe that our healthcare system is at a positive inflection point and building the right solution at scale will unlock the transformative power of the consumer
- A healthcare veteran with a curious mind – you understand the complexities of the healthcare system, you love to learn new things and love a challenge
- A project management master – you build consensus around clear goals (e.g., financial, talent, and operating) and define a game plan to achieve them; you communicate crisply around progress and barriers, and hold the team and your stakeholders to account
- A creator and a doer – you identify a problem, envision a solution, and take a hands-on approach towards building it, you index high on grit and “can-do” moxie
- An entrepreneurial teammate – you love working together to build new things and have an entrepreneurial mindset that sees opportunity where others find only barriers
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Executive Lead and other Store No8 and business stakeholders to complete final business diligence and operational planning
- Partner with the talent team on sourcing, interviewing, evaluating, and hiring the founding team
- Coordinate operational, legal, technical, FP&A, and other foundational components of launching this high priority initiative
- Identify key external health data and other partners, suppliers, and begin forging relationships.
- Partner with the Store No8 finance and operations functions to establish a foundation for tracking and reporting business performance
- 8+ years of experience in an investing, research, consulting, or strategic operations role
- Deep knowledge of healthcare ecosystem, and relevant technology and regulatory trends required (e.g., FHIR, 21st Century Cures Act)
- Experience working with healthcare data and analytics teams is strongly preferred
- Undergraduate or postgraduate business education preferred.
- Experience working across cross-functional teams.
- Experience in financial and quantitative analysis.
- Experience in business diligence, business plan creation, and business analysis.
- Experience managing critical external relationships and negotiations with vendors, suppliers, investors, candidates, and other key partners.