Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our companies include Calibrate, Lively, Vault Health and Jasper. We're capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About The Job
The Founding Chief of Staff will be one of the first employees of our stealth companies. In this role, you will work with the founding team and functional leaders across Redesign Health's platform to set up tools & processes for operational success. You will also work alongside our executives as they are hired to define & document standard operating procedures to increase our efficiency and scalability over time.
You will directly report to and work with the CEO.
What you'll do:
- Business Planning & Venture Formation
- Collaborate with the Director of New Ventures to complete final business diligence and operational planning.
- Partner with the talent team on sourcing, interviewing, evaluating, and hiring the founding team.
- Coordinate operational, legal, marketing, FP&A, and other foundational components of launching the new venture.
- Assist product & growth teams with execution of experiments as needed.
- Assist with strategic planning of provider acquisition strategy & scaling over time.
- Founding Chief of Staff
- Support the CEO in building the founding team and launching the business.
- Partner with the Redesign's finance and accounting functions to establish a foundation for tracking business performance and prepare for future financings.
- Partner with the Redesign marketing, product, and design functions to refine and begin executing on the go-to-market strategy.
- What you'll need:
- 4-8 years of experience in a healthcare investing, research, consulting, or strategic operations role.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate business education preferred.
- Experience managing critical external relationships and negotiations with vendors, suppliers, investors, candidates, and other key partners.
- Action Oriented: You readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. You identify and seize new opportunities. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You step up to handle tough issues. You take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Business Insight: You know how businesses work and how organizations make money. You keep up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. You use knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions. You readily take action on challenges.
- Communicates Effectively: You are effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You attentively listen to others. You adjust to fit the audience and the message. You provide timely and helpful information to others across the organization. You encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures Accountability: You follow through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. You act with a clear sense of ownership. You take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. You establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. You design feedback loops into work. You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Technical Skills
- You have hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheets) and presentation acumen (PowerPoint/Google Slides).
- You have operational planning skills to help the business launch and receive a Series A funding.
- You have the ability to organize and communicate effectively in a highly ambiguous environment.
- You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming