The Amazon Devices and Services team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Echo Show, Echo Spot, and more. What will you help us create?
The Devices and Services (D&S) Security team works to ensure that our services are designed and implemented to the high standards required to maintain and enhance customer trust. Security and Privacy are paramount to maintaining trust and we need to continue to build trusted products, maintain and operate trusted environments, and advocate trust to customers and stakeholders. The team develops security automation for devices & services, performs penetration testing, and handles and tracks incident responses to resolution. The Privacy team is responsible for enabling business growth and innovation while honoring data policies and controls that help protect customer privacy. We are responsible for defining and executing on the security and privacy requirements across the entire organization.
Overview of role
Business Operations is a new and critical function at D&S Security and Privacy org. This role will work closely with the multiple stakeholders such as Finance, Engineering, and Operations teams to develop robust operational processes and data-informed analyses, ultimately supporting successful business growth and operational efficiency. This is a highly visible role in which you will have a high degree of autonomy, and outsized impact.
We’re Looking For Someone Who
- Is highly analytical and process-driven, can assist with strategic planning, drive decisions forward, execute on high-impact projects, and lead through influence.
- Understands numbers intuitively: if the numbers don’t add up, you spot it first. If you find yourself or others repeating work, you seek to automate it.
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and operational challenges.
- Has experience managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Enjoys rolling up their sleeves in a fast paced startup environment and getting things done.
- Is able to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Has an uncanny ability to embrace ambiguity and see around the corners.
- Has impeccable attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness.
What You Will Do
- Build efficient processes and implement new metrics: you will spot the highest priority business initiatives and improvement areas, and devise new processes or define new systems to bring those to life.
- Lead or program manage multiple strategic initiatives at any given point. Some examples include: drafting business cases for a new solution entry, influencing our organization health strategy, evaluating the impact of a new system integration opportunity, or strategizing to drive further efficiencies at scale.
- Drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting to leadership across digital security : you will be the hub for business data and communication, and act as the primary point of contact for operational data, forecasting, and other business data. When we over- or underperform in a given week, you’ll know why.
- Assist with strategic planning: You will identify opportunities to influence, support, and execute on our strategy. You will assist with the quarterly and annual planning processes.
- Collaborate and coordinate cross-functionally: you will need to navigate a complex organization matrix across Devices and Services, Amazon, and external partnerships. You will deeply understand the business dynamics and recommend strategies that appropriately balance the needs of our various partners. As needed, you will gather and analyze data from multiple sources to inform decision-making at all levels.
- 10+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a comparable role
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Familiarity with business and operations systems
- Technology/hardware/consumer electronics industry exposure
- Familiarity with BI tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2032732