Director | International Communications
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they agree. Our flagship product, eSignature, is the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from virtually anywhere, at any time. Today, more than a million customers and a billion users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives.
What you'll do
As a Director of International Communications, you’ll be responsible for leading the communications practice for DocuSign in multiple regions including Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. This is a management role, overseeing PR specialists in both established markets and growth markets for the company. You’ll be responsible for driving a cohesive international communications strategy — overseeing international communications planning for each region, working closely with business partners and communications team members in the regions to determine business goals and derive communications goals for each particular market. You’ll be responsible for understanding the local media landscape and the local culture to develop how best to communicate in each market. You will lead the communications functions across 4 continents — coaching regional talent, driving alignment and building a cohesive culture across the regional teams.
We are looking for a communications professional who loves to dig into all aspects of the work. You’ll need to be able to seek out information to support business goals, distill what you’ve found, create communications strategies, draft narratives and plans, and then implement. To succeed, you’ll be proactive, organized, and able to thrive in a matrixed environment.
You are creative, have top-notch writing skills, but you love a good edit. You enjoy the challenge a tight deadline brings and have the wit and scrappiness to meet it. You love to get into the weeds and help teams translate their expertise for a broader audience. You are flexible in the face of change. You get joy from growing an enterprise that helps businesses and people be successful. You are friendly and bring a sense of humor to all you do.
This position is a people manager role reporting to VP, Corporate Communications & Public Relations.
- Create communications strategies and execute on plans for the international markets DocuSign is in including, but not limited to the UK, France, Germany, Australia, Singapore, and India
- Lead the international communications teams to create a cohesive team atmosphere, coaching individual market contributors to flourish in their markets
- Be an expert in local media and culture so that you can clearly share the customer benefits of adopting DocuSign’s products to media
- Create communications plans and strategies that support business goals
- Manage international agencies as warranted
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, and marketing to develop strategic messaging related to DocuSign's offerings and business objectives for each region
- Be able to share DocuSign’s vision and benefits in markets where DocuSign is not a household name
- Provide strategic counsel for DocuSign executives while coordinating some executive communication activations
- Work cross-functionally with key partners to implement proactive and reactive programs that bolster DocuSign's reputation
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, media outlets, agencies, and industry peers
- Devise necessary communications narratives, campaigns, and materials
Hybrid: Employee divides their time between in-office and remote work. Access to an office location is required. (Frequency: Minimum 2 days per week; may vary by team but will be weekly in-office expectation)
Positions at DocuSign are assigned a job designation of either In Office, Hybrid or Remote and are specific to the role/job. Preferred job designations are not guaranteed when changing positions within DocuSign. DocuSign reserves the right to change a position's job designation depending on business needs and as permitted by local law.
What you bring
- 12+ years of communications experience at major corporations
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Flexibility and a bias to action
- Strong media relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to draft narratives and messaging that differentiates companies
- An excitement to dig into the work personally
- Experience in B2B communications, enterprise communications, and technology communications
- Experience with international media and global PR agencies
- Excellent cross-functional communication experience; proven experience thriving in a matrixed environment
- Strong ability to advocate and influence at any level: from executives to peers to working teams
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues in a clear and concise manner
Life at DocuSign
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal.
We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures. If you need such an accommodation, including if you need accommodation to properly utilize our online system, you may contact us at email@example.com.
If you experience any technical difficulties or issues during the application process, or with our interview tools, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice