Director | Head of Operations
Boom is on a mission to level the playing field for the 110+ million renters in the US by making housing more flexible, affordable, and attainable. We’ve started by creating rent payment tools that enable renters to pay on the schedule they define and build credit in the process, currently serving thousands of renters. We are led by a team of second-time founders Rob Whiting (ex-BCG, Rubicon) and Kirill Moizik (Eco, Technion, Grubhub). It's backed by investors such as Starting Line, Clocktower Ventures, Gilgamesh Ventures (Petal co-founders), and angels such as William Hockey and Zach Perret (Co-founders of Plaid) who led Boom's pre-seed round (joined by Harry Stebbings and others from places like Cash App, Mint House, Landis, Party Round, and Redfin).
We are hiring a Director/Head of Operations, one of our most critical hires of the year. This person will work closely with our Co-founders (Rob Whiting and Kirill Moizik) to help build and scale our operations. We're building an increasingly sophisticated tech product and you'll be looked at as the leader to ensure the trains run on time and customers stay happy. As one of the most senior members on the team, you'll be involved in key company decisions such as product roadmap, GTM strategy, hiring, and more. Alongside a talented team from places like BCG, Grubhub, Eco, Google and Goldman Sachs, you’ll help us scale from our Seed round to our Series A and beyond, to become a major player in the rental fintech ecosystem. This role is based in Austin.
What you'll do
- Lead the company’s operations and customer support function, with a focus to drive great customer experience and efficient operations processes
- Build and manage our offshore customer support team; you will lead a large team from Day 1
- Drive operational metrics around data integrity, payment verifications, credit data furnishment, customer support, product communication, etc.
- Liase between customer support team, product, engineering, growth and design to implement product and data changes that resolve customer pain points
- Work with our product team to identify and pilot new products
- Work alongside our Co-Founders to define, communicate, and execute the the company’s strategy
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience, preferably a combination of operations and MBB consulting (or similar)
- Experience managing a team, preferably 3+ direct reports
- Bias-to-action mentality and organized - you're a self-starter who doesn't let things slip through the cracks
- Ability to resolve complex customer issues hands on, and then build processes and documentation that a team can follow
- Framework thinker - you can break problems down into component parts and solve them in a systematic way
- Quantitative orientation and experience building dashboards (e.g. Redash) to track performance mertrics
- Experience interfacing with technical products and teams
- Experience working with typical ops stack - e.g. Intercom, ticketing systems, etc.
- Strongly preferred: experience in fintech or proptech
Benefits of working at Boom
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision) including 50% coverage for dependents
- 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year + 5 sick days + all US federal holidays (11 in total) (note: we think unlimited PTO is BS and causes some employees to feel guilty when they take it)
- Company-issued laptop
- Regular off-sites, retreats, and other company-sponsored events and travel opportunities
How to apply
Apply on Angelist and send a quick paragraph addressed to Rob and Chris as to why you're interested and qualified.