The Atlanta BeltLine is the largest revitalization effort in the history of Atlanta, encompassing almost 20 percent of the city. It features 22 miles of light-rail streetcar transit, several crosstown streetcar transit line extensions to serve the city’s inner core, 33 miles of paved urban trails, over 1,300 acres of new parkland, 46 miles of streetscapes and intersection improvements, one of the South’s largest installations of public art, brownfield reclamation, and the creation of 5,600 affordable housing units and 30,000 jobs in the neighborhoods surrounding the underutilized and abandoned railroad corridor. In addition, ABI is committed to advancing equity and inclusion within the organization, along the corridor, and throughout all programs and projects.
The Director Operations position is a highly visible, interfacing position who reports to ABI’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) with the primary role of coordinating and assisting in the daily functions of the Operations and Information Technology (“IT”) departments with emphasis on streamlining business operations and optimizing operational performance. This role will assist with developing processes, procedures, policies, reports and coordinating specific projects to facilitate the agency in maintaining optimum business continuity. Additionally, this role will assist with the responsibilities of Information Technology Projects, Facility, and Safety Management including coordinating IT installations, IT project implementations, all building related services, space management, vendor management, office maintenance, budgeting and budget tracking, safety trainings, and any other duties as assigned.
· Achieve business process improvements and operational efficiencies per division.
· Assist in developing and creating processes, reports, procedures, policies, and training materials.
· Research operations, IT, and safety solutions to enhance the agency’s efficiency.
· Coordinate with different departments to achieve optimal work production.
· Update agency’s portal/intranet with Operations and IT processes, procedures, and policies.
· Develop, revise, or maintain existing deal pipeline management system.
· Serve as lead in working with Sr. Team to produce and update bi-weekly deal pipeline reports
· Develop division dashboard reports showing progress toward annual goals
· Work with COO and Sr. Team to produce bi-weekly critical information exchange report
· Collaborate with COO to determine ABI future office/space needs
Operations & Facility:
· Provide general support and coordinate the day-to-day business operations and facilities activities.
· Assist with creating the Operations and IT budgets, review expenses, and code vendor invoices.
· Document and track action items for centralized reporting and maintain minutes.
· Maintain department calendars and coordinate business contract renewals.
· Coordinate maintenance, obtain required certificates of insurance, and assist with vendor management.
· Coordinate employee office moves and minor office upgrades or construction projects.
· Work with building management to ensure office is clean and sanitized to the greatest extent possible
· Oversee supply inventory for facilities.
· Ensure equipment and connectivity is functioning and ready to use in all conference rooms and meeting areas – for presentations, video calls, conference calls, etc. Assist with setup as requested.
· Maintain confidentiality of all onboarding and offboarding operations, IT, and HR requests
· Manage the technology onboarding and offboarding process (equipment software setup, training, etc.) and offboarding for exiting employees (collection of equipment, termination of access, etc.)
· Maintain Operations and IT onboarding/offboarding reports.
· Work with HR to Coordinate IT and software related training for new hires and assist with training staff.
· Serve as Safety Warden, attend building safety trainings, implement safety updates, and train staff.
· Assist with any emergency and/or inclement weather responses (including after-hours).
· Provide general support, serve as IT project manager, and ensure IT strategy compliance.
· Track project budgets and manage IT procurement requests.
· Liaise with IT provider Century and review IT Asset System to ensure inventory accuracy.
· Maintain and keep track of all hardware and software, including but not limited to security, upgrades, inventory control and maintenance.
· Audit IT equipment annually and maintain third party IT licenses.
· Coordinate IT trainings for staff and serve as the department’s (IT and Operations) subject matter expert.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Management, IT or related field.
· Minimum of (5) years of operations, business process management, project management, information technology experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and assess how to manage the communication flow accordingly.
· Exceptional team player with demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Commitment to promoting the Vision, Mission and Core Values of ABI while fostering a collegial work environment.
· Understanding the impacts of institutional and systemic barriers on marginalized communities and a commitment to integrating equity and inclusion throughout all facets of your work.
· High attention to detail and exemplary problem-solving skills
· Able to work well under pressure and work effectively with minimal supervision.
· Proven ability to thrive in a highly driven atmosphere while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
· Ability to quickly master new skills, procedures, and systems.
· Strong organization and time management skills are highly valued.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to effectively engage with managers and staff cross-functionally.
· Advanced experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint Adobe, etc.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Equity Note: Research suggests that women and Black, Indigenous and other persons of color are less likely than men and white job seekers to apply for positions unless they are confident they meet 100 % of the listed qualifications. We strongly encourage all interested individuals to apply, and allow us to evaluate the knowledge, skills and abilities that you demonstrate, using an intentional equity lens