At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Our Director, Business Operations, will take on and lead a variety of strategic and operational projects to drive growth and execution excellence at Scribd. This position will partner closely with our Executive and Leadership Teams on organizational-wide changes and sit at the heart of how we run our business, ensuring we operate smoothly while implementing system-wide changes that make us more effective
- Own and lead key meetings and processes like our business reviews, all-hands, board meeting planning, goal-setting up and down the company, and strategic planning.- Partner with executive team to scope and explore new strategic initiatives- Assess business opportunities and new verticals by studying internal data and external market trends- Network with other companies and business operations leaders to define best practices and continuously improve how we run the business and optimize execution and velocity.- Assist in creating scalable organizational structures, drive process improvements, produce data-driven recommendations, and help program-manage high impact projects.- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement. - Serve as a proxy for members of the executive team as needed
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience.- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in business operations, business analytics, product/project management, consulting, or investment banking. - A data driven + analytical mindset, and can clearly define and measure success for initiatives- Experience owning and leading high impact meetings and communications across the company and with boards/investors.- The ability to context switch between analytical, strategic, and operational mindsets, and work across different areas of the business to deliver results (product, marketing, content, etc).- Experience driving cross-functional projects and partnering with senior leadership- Ability to structure, simplify, and communicate complex and ambiguous strategic problems.- Has created effective and scalable processes to assess and fill operational gaps.- A sense of urgency/speed adaptability, and experience embracing plot twists.- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.- Experience working at a high growth startup / tech company.- Experience with SQL.- Experience leading goal-setting with OKRs.
- Additional experience working at a high growth startup / tech company.- Experience with SQL.- Experience goal-setting with OKRs.
Benefits, Perks and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans, and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion hiring best practices
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Employee Resource Groups that build community and support among employees
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Monthly inclusive multi-cultural celebrations & learning opportunities
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.