At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft is also the country's leader in micro-mobility. We own and/or operate bikeshare in New York (Citi Bike), Chicago (Divvy), San Francisco (Bay Wheels), Portland (Biketown), Boston (BlueBikes), DC (Capital Bikeshare), and Minneapolis (Nice Ride) while providing scooter service in those and other major cities across the country. Our active fleet includes state-of-the-art electric bikes and scooters, services tens of millions of rides per year, and is rapidly growing. We also have a rapidly evolving Transit offering, giving riders the ability to plan Transit trips by accessing real-time Transit information in nearly 20 markets across the US and Canada.
As Deputy Chief of Staff for our Transit, Bikes and Scooters (TBS) team, you will report to the Chief of Staff and work closely with leaders within TBS and across Lyft. You are a motivated and adaptable leader and will help our senior management team to build a healthy organization, set the right strategy and process, and drive critical cross-functional efforts. Successful candidates will be collaborative, demonstrate the ability to work with a variety of stakeholder groups, drive execution of cross-functional processes, have strong written and oral communication, and have the skills to onboard quickly, identify process improvements and lead those improvements to completion.
You should be a self-starter, incredibly well organized and detailed, process-driven, flexible and have the ability to develop and maintain great relationships internally and externally.
- Manage the process to define the overall line of business and team level strategies (Tech/Product/Ops/etc.)
- Consolidate line of business level milestones + overlaps between organizations; highlight/resolve issues
- Support key business partners on strategic initiatives as needed through research and analysis, building business cases for new services or partnerships, and presenting those to executive leadership.
- Establish a cross functional process for collecting, analyzing, and leveraging competitive intelligence
- Establish strong relationships and serve as point of contact with cross functional teams, (i.e. Operations, Finance, Science, Marketing) and other internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Identify and implement improvements to leadership cadence: reporting, decision making, review process, etc. Partner with teams prior to reviews to ensure that the quality of material leverages the team’s time and ensures the best decisions are made.
- Identify and implement reporting to measure line of business performance, build dashboards with Science to improve visibility and make analytical, data driven decisions.
Your Experience & Skills
- Proven track record of leading, managing, and improving upon internal processes
- Ability to build consensus among cross-functional teams towards achieving goals
- High degree of financial literacy as it relates to business planning
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- A good sounding board for others, with low ego, and ability to anticipate the needs of the executive team
- 7+ years experience in a combination of operations, product management, consulting, finance, or an equivalent field
- Experience defining and stating expectations and objectives with team members and completing all related follow up and improvement measures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work and thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills and ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.