We Are Black Swan Data
In a world turbo-charged by social media, the old world of traditional consumer research is no longer enough. Where there’s slow and pre-emptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s continuous big data, algorithms and machine learning. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
Black Swan Data is revolutionising consumer research through Social Prediction™. Using the most sophisticated data science and AI techniques, we unlock the full potential of social data to understand and predict consumer behaviour more accurately and further ahead than anyone else. It’s how we turn game-changing insights into a competitive advantage for global giants like PepsiCo, McDonald’s, Unilever, Mondelez and Danone.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of 260 Swans (and counting) includes data scientists, developers, insights consultants, analysts, designers, engineers and marketeers.
But first, we’re entrepreneurs and champions of change who thrive on moving fast and breaking new ground. And our work is getting us noticed. In 2015 we were awarded the Sunday Times #1 Fastest Growing Start-Up. In 2016 we were named the UK’s Fastest Growing Exporter. And in both 2017 and 2018 we ranked high in the Financial Times 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
Hiring contract Chief of Staff (3 months)
Support the CEO so they can be as focused and effective as possible
- Act as first triage for Steve’s diary to ensure he is spending his time efficiently, acting as deputy when you both decide is suitable
- Act as first triage for Steve’s inbox to ensure they are responded to quickly and efficiently
- Maximise Steve’s value add in internal and external meetings by ensuring he has enough notice and is prepared in advance, acting as his thought partner where required
- Act as 'ghost' for CEO wherever appropriate i.e. Forbes, blogs, interviews, quotes and social media management
- Support Steve in external roles where appropriate i.e. preparation for external Board meetings
Drive effectivity in business meetings and forums
- Own and manage the agenda and actions for regular business meetings, ensuring the right KPIs are brought into the discussions
- Deputise as facilitator of these meetings when Steve or Hugo is unavailable and/or travelling
- Identify need for specific follow up meetings, and own and manage the attendees and agenda so desired outcome can be met
- Capture, share and follow up on key actions and decisions
- Facilitate daily Founder sessions to discuss business strategy
Drive regular and relevant comms across the Trends business
- Identify relevant news and updates to share across the Trends business
- Create and manage a content plan for weekly Swan calls (company-wide updates and announcements), helping the relevant speakers prepare, including drafting follow up/ recap notes
- Draft and prepare Exec Comms (i.e., Founder emails, LinkedIn)
- Be available to answer clarification and process questions when CEO or other execs are not available
Drive and own Board communication
- Work with Exec team to standardise board agendas and prepare meeting materials in advance
- Work with Exec team to create and share more frequent updates to the Board i.e. product/ client development where appropriate
- Attend all board meetings to capture attendees, decisions and actions, sharing with the CDO for minute drafting
Identify and trouble shoot special initiatives (i.e. strategy, engagement, culture)
- Identify opportunities for business improvement, preparing the CEO for one to one meetings with the team
- Energise new initiatives whilst permanent owner is identified and onboarded based on interests and/or development areas of CoS
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energised environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
- We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it