About This Role
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Technology Business Services Consultant...
In This Role, You Will
- Work as an advisor to more experienced leadership to influence technology matters to develop programs that are effective and efficient for highly complex business and technical needs across one or more lines of business
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in depth evaluation across multiple lines of business or the enterprise
- Deliver solutions that are long term, large scale, and which require understanding of organizational goals or priorities and technology to develop executable strategies and plans
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to more experienced leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions related to technology matters that are large scale, cross functional, or companywide
- Engage with the technology team and more experienced leaders to provide support and drive strategic initiatives for the business and for execution of operational processes
Required Qualifications, US:
- 7+ years of Information Technology in support of Business Services experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Information Technology in support of Business Services, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
$138,500.00 - $287,600.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.