Chief Operating Officer | Behavioral Health
Chief Operating Officer
North Star Behavioral Health is one of Alaska’s premier mental health facilities offering hope and healing for children, teens and adults who struggle with psychiatric or substance abuse issues. We also offer military-specific care to first responders, service members, veterans and dependents at the Chris Kyle Patriots Hospital. We provide an environment that puts patient care first through excellent care, comfort, and security to the patients and families we treat, at their most vulnerable times. When you work at North Star Behavioral Health, you are never alone, as you are part of a large network of peers and leaders that routinely exchange ideas and review current topics within the industry. With us, you have the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career through robust continuing education opportunities and career advancement with UHS!
We are currently looking for a dynamic professional to join our team as Chief Operating Officer. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the CEO in ensuring the hospital operates quality programs, maintains performance standards in all departments, and meet the regulatory guidelines of all accreditation, licensing, and regulatory bodies. As COO, this position serves on all Hospital Committees, directs and coordinates their activities as designated by the CEO. This position operates under the direction of the CEO and represents the CEO both internally and externally in their absence.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Loan Forgiveness Program
About Universal Health Services
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $13.4 billion in 2022. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America’s Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 94,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com
Education: Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business, Social Work or Psychology.
Licensure: Current and valid license in the State of Alaska as a RN, LMSW, LCSW, or Licensed Psychologist as applicable.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of progressive senior leadership experience in a hospital setting and in a variety of functional areas in a hospital or other related healthcare setting required.
- Relevant experience and demonstrated skill in data aggregation and interpretation, analysis and process improvement required. Including: experience collecting and interpreting patient information and incident data at the medical staff and organizational level required.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory and accrediting agency standards, rules and regulations (i.e., The Joint Commission, CMMS, DHHS, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of instructional skills, skill analysis, and group dynamics. Thorough knowledge of techniques and methods of adult education required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications required.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.