About Visana Health
Visana Health is the world's most comprehensive virtual women's health clinic, providing longitudinal medical care and integrated whole person support for every phase of a woman's life. While other women's health companies focus on fertility and maternity, Visana is the only company focused on providing longitudinal, value-based care from menstruation to menopause, including preventive care, urgent care, and complex gynecology care.
We’ve built a best-in-class care model that dramatically improves patient outcomes and experience while reducing costs. We're rapidly becoming the clinic of choice for leading health plans & self-funded employers, including national health plans and Fortune 200 companies, and recently raised a round of capital from world-class healthtech investors.
We've built a team of employees and clinicians passionate about women's health and dedicated to revolutionizing women's healthcare. If this mission resonates, we'd love to hear from you. www.visanahealth.com.
About The Job
A great virtual first clinic requires great operations to deliver great patient care. We’re looking for an experienced operator who has built teams delivering excellence in service while providing high-quality clinical care. And we need someone capable of taking a small team to scale without skipping a beat, doing so while advancing Visana’s mission and culture of service.
In this role, you’ll be our leader building our operational DNA – the processes, metrics, data and people that ensures Visana fulfills its patient promise each and every time. You’ll work closely with your peers on Visana’s leadership team to build tight relationships with clinical, product, engineering and sales. You’ll be setting our operational tone as an open, transparent team that checks their egos at the door as we jointly tackle the issues that will inevitable come with rapid growth.
Most all, you will have the chance to build something very new – a comprehensive virtual women’s health clinic. A clinic that changes the lives of its patients.
What You Will Do
- Lead all aspects of Visana’s operations, including client services, clinical operations , and business operations.
- Create departmental OKRs in line with Visana’s strategic priorities and drive alignment across the operations organization and cross-functional counterparts.
- Build, implement, monitor, and optimize the performance of the day-to-day operational processes of Visana’s clinic, fostering a culture of data-driven continuous improvement & operational excellence.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the clinic’s rapid growth, ensuring day-to-day operations align with long-term objectives.
- Maintain capacity planning models that forecast expected patient demand & ensure appropriate provider supply & availability.
- Develop, implement, and manage the operational aspects of the annual budget to attain the clinic's financial objectives.
- Drive the development and implementation of operational best practices and patient care delivery systems.
- Manage and optimize healthcare and administrative staff, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, and capacity planning.
- Oversee all aspects of clinical operations, including billing and revenue cycle management, licensing, and credentialing, to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Foster a growth-oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping staff accountable.
- Collaborate with sales to design and realize viable growth opportunities with health plans, employers and partners.
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), executive leadership and Board of Directors to set and drive organizational vision and operational strategy.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve processes, increase efficiency, and enhance patient satisfaction.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience in a strategic, executive-level operations role in a healthcare, health services, or digital health environment.
- 5+ years of experience in people management roles, preferably with service delivery-focused and/or multifunctional teams
- Experience managing a multi-site, multi-state provider practice, ensuring compliance with myriad regulations.
- Established track record in utilizing data-driven metrics & KPIs to identify gaps/opportunities within an operation, formulating strategic recommendations, and executing measurable change.
- Strong understanding of the digital health industry, telemedicine and clinic operations.
- Hands on experience with the core of healthcare delivery, including EMRs, patient communication systems, business insight platforms, clearinghouses, clinical decision support, RCM tools, and more.
- Demonstrated success growing products and services in either a startup and/or corporate environment.
- Master's degree in Business, Health Administration, or a related field is preferred.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Prior experience in B2B2C digital health businesses selling to health plans or employers.
- Prior experience managing gynecology or women’s health clinics.
- Prior experience managing a clinic operating in a value-based care environment.
- Prior experience in a startup environment, ideally scaling an operations team from seed/Series A to growth stage and beyond.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding cross-functional matrix leadership and project management skills
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and leadership capabilities.
Visana provides industry-leading benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSAs & FSAs, 401(k), and more for benefits-eligible employees.
As part of your duties, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career, you will be expected to follow the company’s security and privacy procedures to ensure our users’ information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Visana Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.