Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Chief of Staff - Trust
The Fastly Trust team is looking for their first Chief of Staff (CoS). This is a program management role and is expected to evolve as the company and the Trust organization grows. As a strategic operational partner to the General Counsel and SVP of Trust, the CoS will be responsible for making Trust an exemplar of a well-run organization within Fastly and will play a key role in setting and reinforcing the tone and culture of the team. The Trust Organization at Fastly includes Law, Security, Business Systems, IT, Compliance, Data Governance and Strategic Procurement teams.
What You Will Do
You will set the foundations of operational excellence, increasing overall effectiveness and helping to scale the Trust organization. You will partner with the Trust leadership team acting as an extension of their leadership and building influential, productive relationships within the team and throughout Fastly.
- You will be leading and driving forward the objectives of the Trust Operations Council: composed of the operations leads from each department in Trust.
- With a broad and deep perspective on the subteam and cross-functional work of the Trust organization, you’ll create and implement effective meeting and decision-making frameworks so that priorities can be executed successfully.
- You will address special projects and when needed, you will find, retain and lead external advisors.
- You will help team members develop alignment documents, including memos and V2MOMs (vision, values, methods, obstacles, measures).
- You will help develop templates and frameworks for presenting content in meetings, training materials and on the company intranet.
- You’ll also help to develop and champion Trust’s people processes. You will work closely with the Executive Assistant to the GC and SVP of Trust on team program management including offsites, team and sub-team meeting cadences and agendas, special cross-functional projects, communicating the Trust organization’s mission, as well as developing and leading a program for training excellence.
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of experience in business Program Management, strategic Business Operations and/or Chief of Staff roles, successfully driving large and complex across-organization and cross-functional initiatives forward.
- A background and interest in one of the Trust organization’s teams: Law, Security, Business Systems, IT, Data Governance or Strategic Procurement. A plus if this has been in the technology sector.
- A strategic problem solver with highly developed analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- You can write a clear and engaging operational business plan that uses data to tell compelling stories.
- Strength in identifying priorities, even through conflict.
- Familiarity with the challenges of making a service organization (like Trust) successful in a high-growth environment.
- Strong operational process and systems design including ability to spot gaps or inefficiencies in processes and create solutions.
- A collaborative leader capable of stepping in when needed to be responsible for meetings on behalf of the GC and SVP of Trust or other members of the leadership.
- Strong listening skills required to obtain multiple perspectives and the big picture view.
- A growth mentality and open to mentorship: Learning new skills and growing competencies in parallel to the business needs.
- Some experience with people processes including previous partnerships with HRBPs.
- Technically savvy enough to be able to communicate on projects with engineers and IT. Ability to quickly learn or vet new software or technology.
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $124,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
_Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. _
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.