We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart is looking for a Chief of Staff to support the Chief Technical Officer.
A successful Chief of Staff will be organized, strong in project management, able to shift seamlessly between strategic counsel and smaller daily tasks and have excellent communication skills. This person should be a team-player and eager to work in a fast-paced and high-expectations environment. They will support a large organization of 1,200+ engineers.
This person will manage preparation for a variety of internal meetings, act as a strategic counsel to XFN partners and manage internal operations. They will contribute to strategic projects and initiatives that involve liaising with functions within the CTO’s scope and across the company.
- Work across teams to manage business rhythm for CTO (team meetings, operating cadence, newsletters/org communications etc.)
- Act as a strategic counsel to XFN partners.
- Support daily operations and partner with Executive Admins, VP of strategic initiatives, Internal and External Communications, Leads and Operations to help manage executive calendar.
- Ensure progress on priority work-streams, help build decision-making frameworks, deliverables, etc.
- Design and maintain tools and systems to coordinate and track VP’s engagements with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work across teams to prepare briefings and coordinate research for meetings with partners and key leaders (e.g. identify goals and talking points, provide background on attendees, etc.)
- Writing initial drafts of internal comms, or proofing and advising on content/communication
- Build documents and presentations as needed.
- Able to travel < 10% of the time - expect travel to be limited due to COVID-19.
- A record of accomplishment in roles blending project management and strategy in a relevant environment like management consulting, research communications, marketing or operations.
- Experience working directly with people at all levels, including executive and C-suite level.
- Experience managing multiple tasks under timelines and shifting priorities.
- Ideally this person will have a technical background or some sort of technical experience.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.