The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Transform your career by becoming the Chief of Staff (CoS) to MongoDB’s Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer, working directly with executives and the leadership team across MongoDB, particularly within the Finance and Operations, Customer Engineering, Security, TechOps and Legal organizations. Publicly-traded MongoDB (NASDAQ: MDB), the leading modern application data platform, is disrupting one of the largest markets in software, estimated to be $121 billion in 2025 by IDC.
This role will support our COO/CFO in driving initiatives and projects supporting the company’s growth. The CoS will foster strong relationships with executives to ensure cross functional growth initiatives are implemented successfully and will partner with the executive team to define strategy and decision-making critical to the company's future success. The CoS will serve as a versatile, right-hand to help manage initiatives, demonstrating excellent program management and organizational skills. The CoS will ensure they are aware of activity throughout the business and clearly communicate information and actions from the COO/CFO with appropriate follow-up. The CoS will at times act as a proxy on behalf of the COO/CFO with various stakeholders to maximize performance and output.
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our New York City office long-term.
- Manages key priorities of the COO/CFO and drives the operating rhythm for the business in collaboration with the COO/CFO’s direct reports to ensure alignment on strategy and goals
- Assists in facilitating decision-making with the COO/CFO and the leadership team; acts as confidante, sounding board, and advisor to offer informed perspective and guidance
- Responsible for executing on the vision through management of strategic and high-growth projects that are cross-functional in nature
- Drives communication and coordination of priorities and projects across the COO/CFO’s organization to ensure alignment of priorities and clarity of project status with key external stakeholders
- Contributes to a sense of teamwork and loyalty within the broader team to inspire and motivate others; acts as business support to the COO/CFO’s leadership team to ensure key initiatives are implemented effectively
- 4+ years of professional experience with a foundation in investment banking, management consulting or venture capital experience preferred
- 3+ years of tech (ideally software) industry experience desirable
- MBA preferred
- Technical background (e.g. computer science) preferred
- Strong analytical thinker who is adept at complex analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner at an executive level in presentations and written memos
- Highly organized with strong attention to details
- Shows versatility and adaptability to handle a highly-diverse workload and manages simultaneous activities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and ability to manage multiple complex projects in parallel
- Highly trustworthy; exercises discretion
- Flexible schedule; available for international/domestic travel, occasionally on short notice
- Must be based in NYC
- Capable of advocating for our strong MongoDB culture
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.