Chief of Staff to the COO | Business Operations and Strategy
Chief of Staff to COO - Business Operations & Strategy
Are you passionate about the future of television and digital media? Are you an entrepreneurial leader who can drive business growth through strategic thinking and execution? Philo, a dynamic and fast-growing company, is seeking a highly motivated executive to serve as the Chief of Staff to our Chief Operating Officer.
In this role, you will work closely with the COO to manage day-to-day operations and drive the company's strategic vision which will have a direct impact Philo's overall growth and success. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, is effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and ability to collaborate with various stakeholders to get initiatives launched.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Senior leadership team to manage the end-to-end prioritization process (including development of key company goals and priorities), and build out the strategic roadmap for business teams.
- Establish processes to create accountability around goals and objectives, including KPI development, prioritization methodology, and other key metrics.
- Identify and resolve operational issues to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Spearhead research and analysis to support company strategy, and be comfortable presenting information (Analyses, Status Reports, Roadmaps, etc) to all levels of the company.
- Represent the business functions of the company in internal goal-based teams.
- Assist in the development of business plans, templates, key milestones, and processes required to move forward on new initiatives.
- Plan strategic team off-sites, trade show presence and other events.
- Be the go-to problem solver to remove any blockers to get new projects and initiatives launched.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Operations Management, Program Management, Business Development, Strategy, and/or a similar field.
- Strong numerical proficiency and analytical capability: Hands-on experience working autonomously to deliver robust business cases, which draw on a mix of hard data and sensible assumptions
- Exceptional problem solving capabilities using a success-oriented approach with the innate ability to ask the ‘right questions.'
- A self-starter mentality that drives you to excel in a fast-paced, exciting environment while maintaining an unwavering dedication to quality work.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in cross-functional program management and a track record for getting complex products launched.
- Deep understanding of the interplay between business and technical sides of the company and the impact of development delays, contract negotiations, etc.
- Solid background in understanding technical requirements and platforms, with the ability to communicate and translate to internal stakeholders.
- A leadership style based on empathy and humility, adept at influencing and building relationships across the organization at all levels, including with senior leadership
If you're passionate about content and television and want to help shape the industry's future, we want to hear from you!
More About Philo
We strive to build engaging and easy to use streaming apps across a large number of platforms (Android Mobile, Android tablets, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and web), while delivering a large variety of content to our users.
Today there are over 60 channels included in our basic package -- our lineup includes many popular cable networks, like A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP,Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix, and we’re always adding more content!
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV -- we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: Includes an annual salary between $200k-240k depending on experience , company stock options, and health benefits.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $1250 Annual home office + TV stipend
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors