This tech platform + community is dedicated to creating new paths to success for Black Professionals and is looking for a Chief of Staff to join their team. The ideal candidate will be an execution-oriented doer with a strategic mindset who possesses an extremely strong sense of ownership to work directly with their COO as her Chief of Staff. You will be responsible for helping her be as effective as possible in whatever capacity makes sense - from the big to the small and everything in between. The role will be a balance between operations, project and process management, execution, and strategy. Your main goal will be to take as much as you can off the COO’s plate, but you will also be working directly with the entire C-Suite team to help the company successfully scale into a Series B company.
You are the type of person who can connect the dots between where we are headed on strategy and the path to achieving goals. Whether that means perceiving problems and raising them to the executive team, to evaluating new initiatives with an eye towards P&L, to helping the executive team prepare for Board meetings, to project managing company-wide projects, to developing processes that drive scalable success.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Execute. Be an all-star individual contributor and team player to help out wherever needed to bring goals across the finish line. Project management of company-wide initiatives to ensure goals are achieved on time and well, and ensure clear paths of escalation if plans are off-track.
- Business Strategy. Assess growth plans, understand marketing goals and help solve problems in the way of progress; help ensure clear team and company-level goals, accountability, and systems to evaluate progress against goals.
- Analytics.Build, review and analyze financial models to help identify problems, opportunities and uncover insights into how we are using company resources to drive ROI across platform and community.
- Communication.Understand and assist with ongoing internal, investor, and community communications; help prepare board materials and company-wide updates as needed.
- Processes Building & Optimization. Work cross-functionally to develop internal infrastructure and processes to set the foundation to successfully scale company products and services (e.g. creating templates and playbooks across departments, products, and events)
- Ad-hoc support as needed.