The hiring process for this role is managed by Scouted, a job-matching platform that believes people are more than their resumes. In order to be considered, you must apply by clicking the 'Apply' button. If you have an urgent question, please email email@example.com. Please do NOT use InMail. You will not get a response.
This Venture Studio Focused On The Future Of Decentralized Finance And Crypto Applications is looking for a Chief of Staff to the Co-Founders to join their team. They are a unique, early-stage venture firm focused on building, operating, and investing in web3 projects. The firm was founded in early 2021 by two co-founders who differentiate themselves, and the firm, through years of experience and specific domain expertise in crypto (quantitative research, tokenomics, theoretical computer science, building startups, etc.).
Their team is composed of experienced builders, traders, and software engineers looking to accelerate the growth of web3. You will enter a highly motivated team, coming from different disciplines and walks of life. Their members have a strong desire to shape the world and are ready to solve any problem that they might face.
They’ve experienced wonderful growth in their first year of operations. To continue on this trajectory, they’re searching for a highly qualified Chief of Staff to work closely with their co-founders. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on their productivity and will be expected to own a high level of responsibility. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business operations role, with a special focus on process and project management. You will help shape the future of the firm.
What will you do?
- Own business management processes (budget, performance, resourcing) ensuring delivery and streamlining activities
- Oversee daily operations, performing an array of tasks such as HR admin, payroll, expense management, vendor management, contracts, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating meetings, and scheduling facilities
- Make prioritization and decision-making more efficient and well-understood by facilitating effective and efficient business planning processes
- Guarantee that internal meetings are well-run, impactful and have clear next steps, delegating work clearly and effectively, including the department’s executive leadership meetings and some internal committee meetings
- Assist with onboarding new hires and vendors, including documentation and onboarding, and collaborate to address and resolve all concerns
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with co-founders on special projects
- Monitor progress of key projects across the department, ensuring key updates / milestones / blockers are escalated as needed
- Be an independent problem solver who embraces holistic systems-thinking
What are you like?
- Experience working at an early stage startup, preferably in technology / with engineers
- Unrivaled organizational skills and excellent attention to detail; a skillset in process and project management, business operations; a demonstrable ability to be assertive, multitask, and keep teams on-task
- Proven ability to pivot quickly and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A desire to take ownership of and responsibility for your work, as well as a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude for anything that comes your way, whether big or small
- The ability to communicate directly and objectively, while expressing opinions in a professional manner at all times; you are receptive to constructive feedback and are a creative, approachable team player who leads with empathy
- A strong sense of duty and care that enables others to trust you with sensitive information; total commitment to honesty and integrity
- A positive personality that draws people together
Anything else you should know?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- 5+ years in a business or executive management role
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent English communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Passion for learning; nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Use creativity and judgment towards professional, technical, or operational problems
- Demonstrated people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Genuine interest in and familiarity with crypto and DeFi
Tools they use:
- Asana, Notion, Google Drive
- Email, Slack, Telegram
- Calendly, Google Calendar
- Justworks, Deel