Human Capital is a venture firm for builders. We believe ambitious builders turn great ideas into great companies. We invest in founders, teams, and startups that share this mindset.
In the last 5 years, that mantra has led us to invest in 12 companies before they became unicorns, including Snowflake, Anduril, Livongo, and Brex (where we wrote the first check). We have over $1.4B AUM and we've built a community of over 5,000 incredible, driven, ambitious builders.
Now we're looking for a Chief of Staff for our Co-founder and President to help write our next chapter.
NB. If you haven't checked out our investment team page yet, go there first.
As the Chief of Staff to our co-founder and President, Baris Akis, you’ll be his right hand and strategic partner—a pivotal role that’s perfect for someone who, like Baris, is equally obsessed with both entrepreneurship and investing. You’ll help Human Capital build the programs and initiatives that feed our early-stage investments, support our founders, and empower our teams.
Your role will be a never-boring mix of a variety of functions, because Baris spends his time across a variety of them, too—including early-stage investments, future founder programs, and portfolio operations. On any given day, you’ll play product manager, growth, ops, VC associate, consultant, and program leader roles. Along the way, you’ll play a key role in creating integral programs and systems that enable, build and scale our early-stage investment strategy.
You'll also learn how a venture capital firm (really) runs, and develop a keen understanding of what it takes to successfully launch new businesses—ideal if you think you want to start something yourself in the near future.
- Be the right hand, strategic partner, and proxy for our co-founder and President. You’ll lean on each other, get ideas from each other, push each other, do great things together.
- Develop and launch new programs that make Human Capital an undeniable magnet for the most ambitious and curious future founders. There are many more Delta Fellowship-type initiatives in our future. You’ll help define and lead them.
- Build the infrastructure, processes, tracking and measurement necessary to make our associate team efficient, effective and successful in their quest to build relationships with the best entrepreneurial engineers on the market.
- Help Human Capital bring to life a new category of early-stage investment strategy—one grounded in initiatives that defy conventional deal flow efforts.
- You’re a founder and builder at heart. (This may even be the step you take before starting your own company.)
- You’re a systems thinker. You see the full picture and think holistically about solving problems.
- You operate with a product mindset. You approach ideas by listening to users, understanding their problems, and building programs and products from first principles.
- You get energy from owning and leading big, audacious projects and challenges.
- You’re an analytical thinker that enjoys quantifying success.
- [Bonus] You have an engineering degree, SWE/PM experience, and worked with software engineers.
- [Bonus] You founded a company or worked at an early-stage startup.