About the job
This newly formed role will be a key member of the CFO’s organization, supporting her and her senior team becoming integrated into all aspects of projects, communications, operations, and strategy for Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit, Tax, Workplace and Corp Dev. The Strategy, Planning and Programs Manager will be involved in global activities including project timelines and staffing recommendations, strategic planning and communications with project sponsors, product owners and Zoom senior management, and quarterly business reviews. This includes the coordination of cross-team initiatives and an effective communications strategy within the team and across Zoom. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, process design expertise, and a proactive management style. While the expectation is that this individual will roll up their sleeves and do the work to ensure operational excellence, they see themselves as a strategic planner. This individual is able to identify, design, implement, and reinforce the processes and systems that allow the Finance and Workplace team to run smoothly and provide stellar service to our internal and external customers
Lastly, you will act as a trusted advisor to and work closely with the senior management team including key partners in People Experience and Executive Admin.
Capabilities Management/Thought Leadership - Display a comprehensive understanding of the Zoom’s overall suite of services, operating platform(s), business strategy, vision and priorities by identifying gaps, driving change, and influencing project related decisions to achieve project goals and delivery of desired results - Conveys a clear understanding of how own activities relate to critical business drivers within each domain of Finance and workplace - Maximize effectiveness by helping balance priorities, selecting the most relevant meetings and advising on how to meaningfully connect with the team. - Facilitate and drive cross-functional relationships (such as Sales, IT, Finance, HR)
- Oversee various business teams in defining scope, planning, budgeting and controlling all project tasks, resources and deliverables
- Ensure that all participants understand the objectives of the project and work together toward a common goal
- Full contributor to all leadership discussions and topics, participating in most relevant meetings and offering synthesized business perspectives relevant to influencing key strategic decisions.
- Drive high-impact cross-team projects as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments
- Executive Presentations and Communications: Lead the preparation and production of executive presentations, including reviews, all hands meetings, leadership staff meetings, team quarterly business reviews, internal and external speaking engagements, off sites, and events. Drive internal communications strategy including team emails, websites, newsletters and videos.
- Manage other plans or initiatives to make Finance and Workplace more efficient, as delegated by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Foster a positive environment by modeling cultural expectations and demonstrative value of solution mind-set and “can do” attitude
- Drive connection across the team through aligned communications and activities
- 15+ years related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward by gaining support needed from stakeholders across the company and working in a cross-functional role
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, Operations, Sales, IT) to set objectives and produce meaningful results
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multitask
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Raises the bar on performance for themselves and team/partners, inspiring others to excellence
- Takes ownership and follows through on tasks; drives decisions; results- oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills with all audiences
- Demonstrated analytical and data-driven decision-making skills
- Creative, innovative thinking, intellectual curiosity
- Problem-solving and sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience at fast growing technology company required
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Professionalism, integrity, good judgment and respect for confidentiality
- A flexible, can-do attitude that makes you willing (and excited!) to take on new, unfamiliar tasks
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask with ease; strong project management skills
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and summarize a wide variety of information
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with non-standard and often unstructured requests, on short notice; overall ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment