Chief of Staff to the CEO
At Decathlon, we have experienced a steep period of growth as the result of our expansion online and offline, and investments into integrated fulfillment capabilities. To stabilize and then continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a passionate Chief of Staff to work closely with our executive team. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our transformation, our strategy and their roll-out. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a strategic business management role and change, with a special focus on interdepartmental collaboration.
We constantly look for entrepreneurial mindsets and teammates who love to innovate, think big and deliver. The Chief of Staff will report directly to the CEO, supporting her in this adventure, and will lead the project management office.
Strategy: you play a key role in supporting the strategy building, definition and key drivers to roll it out. As you are well connected internally, you help raise the bar on implementation and speed of decision-making in the teams. You determine key performance indicators, assist and collaborate with executives in business strategies prioritization, decision-making, and program management. You level up the executive team and serve as strategic advisor and counsel to leaders.
- As organization and working mode are key enablers of strategy: you have a critical eye on how to allow teams to navigate change and run smoothly.
As we reach a tipping point in our trajectory as well as our mix of business models, you design and drive the Change within the organization, from roles, performance assessment to adoption at all levels. You help analyze, track and monitor business and people performance and provide insights to make critical decisions.
- Steer the leadership team and transformation office, based on a deep understanding of the strategic priorities & transformation plan of the company
- Align leaders / key stakeholders on priorities and create anticipation in driving these. Ensure consistency of key decisions in-between BUs and with the CEO
- Ensure that all priorities are on track: from the definition of the action plans and KPI's to the execution
- Design and implement routines from strategy to decision-making: weekly meetings, monthly meetings and quarterly off-sites.
- Implement mechanisms to align the leading team members and their teams, fostering collaboration through strong relationships
Research And Deep Dives
As Chief of Staff, you proactively inspire the CEO and leadership team with relevant trends in and outside the industry as well as in and outside the Netherlands to influence the growth strategies and definition of new business models
- You are the sparring partner of the CEO, leading preparation of all key presentations, events and communications but also any confidential strategic project.
What We Offer
At Decathlon, we believe not only in sports as a lifestyle, but also in creating a stimulating work environment where energetic colleagues enjoy playing sports together. We foster a culture where you can be yourself. In addition, we offer a:
- A salary between 75K-90K a year, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 24 vacation days
- 20% discount on our own brands. Whether it's sportswear, shoes or equipment to support your sporting adventures.
- We understand that personal growth and development are crucial to a successful career. That's why we offer the unique opportunity to participate in training through our Decathlon Academy.
- Shareholder Plan: we believe in sharing success with our employees and offer you the opportunity to become a co-owner of our company.
- To make your journey to our Decathlon team even more enjoyable, we also provide a travel allowance.
What We Ask From You
Are you passionate about sports and its core values? We are seeking a dynamic individual with a minimum of 5 years proven experience in consulting, with a specialization in strategy and project leadership. A versatile professional, agile and autonomous, capable of quickly understanding complex and diverse business challenges and formulating recommendations for the leader. For this role, it is essential that you be in our office 4 to 5 days per week, with regular short trips across the country or in Europe. Furthermore you have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong ability to influence, advise and push back to drive the management agenda
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Dutch and English, French is a plus
And of course you are proactive, well organized and a real team player. If you recognize yourself in the above, please send us your application and we’ll connect you with you as soon as possible.
Together we work to inspire people to live a more active life. Sport for all, that's what we stand for!
DeDecathlon unveiled its new North Star in 2022, to Move People through the wonders of sport. We want to allow people, throughout the world, to benefit from the physical, emotional and societal benefits of sport. Building on Decathlon’s values of Vitality, Generosity, Responsibility and Authenticity, it guides the 105,000 passionate Decathlon teammates' decisions worldwide.
Because the practice of sport is universal, we want to allow people to practice and enjoy sport on their own terms, whatever their level, their physical condition or their objectives.
This Ambition Is Sustained By 5 Strategic Pillars
- Becoming a leading force for a sustainable future with the emergence of new circular models and decarbonization of the Group’s activities, with a goal to contribute to carbon neutrality by 2050;
- Increasing the value proposition, by offering customers a whole new end-to-end experience;
- Building a state-of-the-art omni value chain;
- Growing products excellence and accelerating Decathlon’s development in certain geographies;
- Fostering and accompanying teammates' development.