Origin’s Chief of Staff is the right-hand to Matt Watson (founder, CEO). This person is the executive responsible for advancing key cross-company initiatives alongside him – including, but not limited to: company-wide strategy and goal-setting, board of directors reporting, executive team performance management (OKRs / goaling), culture-setting and organizational development. You will be able to observe and operate from the vantage point of a two-time founder / CEO of a hyper-growth startup.
- Drive cross-functional alignment around the CEO’s strategy and vision – forming plans with quantified goals and asks for the executive team while tracking progress
- Help make Origin a healthy, responsive organization: steward resources while identifying knowledge and skills gaps; design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
- Project manage all board meeting prep / own board meeting deliverables and follow-up
- Represent the CEO’s agenda to the broader executive team and ensure goals are met.
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives
- Be Origin’s cross-functional leader and a role model that embodies our company values
- Champion OCEO’s communications strategy, develop offsite agendas, and identify opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
- Be the CEO’s trusted executional partner on critical projects where success is the only option
- 7+ years experience across a combination of management consulting, investment banking or high-growth startup strategy
- Highest levels of integrity, emotional intelligence, and management of confidential information
- Track record of intellectual honesty and executive level thought-partnership
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent and cross-functional projects to rigorous, metric-driven success
- Excellence and precision in communication of written and verbal form
- Servant leadership mindset and an eagerness to develop Origin’s junior employees
- Financial acumen and the technical ability to create presentations, budgets, models, etc.
- Hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: planning & process, budgeting/financial planning, investment prioritization, organizational change, communications & strategy execution