Chief of Staff to the CEO
Scopely is looking for a Chief of Staff to the Chief Executive Officer in our Culver City office.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
The Chief of Staff will function as a strategic partner to the co-CEO to maximize business outcomes across the Scopely organization and act as a front line to the CEO, helping prioritize and focus efforts of self and others towards the areas of highest impact. Given the influence and highly visible nature of this role, the Chief of Staff will have a unique seat at the table with unparalleled levels of exposure and infinite potential to drive impact across the company, ranging from strategic corporate priorities to shaping culture in a way that develops, excites, and retains Scopely’s best asset, its people. With a relentless focus on company priorities and growth opportunities for the business, the Chief of Staff will drive and execute critical projects and assignments on behalf of the CEO and executive team while also helping him scale to be maximally effective in leading the company. The Chief of Staff will also maintain a pulse on all aspects of the business, surface key insights, track corporate priorities, communicate business trends with key stakeholders, shape our corporate narrative, and be the ‘connective tissue’ that links their efforts to our overall strategy, and drive systematic cultural and operational improvements for Scopely.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Top-tier investment banking, consulting, Venture Capital, or Private Equity background with longevity in previous roles is strongly preferred.
- Prior exposure to and knowledge of games/mobile gaming business is preferred.
- Experience working with senior executives in a fast-paced, agile environment. The ideal candidate will approach the job with a great sense of urgency, enjoy taking the initiative, thrive at juggling multiple priorities, and seamlessly shift gears as needed.
- Ability to operate under ambiguity and make decisions that reflect the CEO’s and company’s best interests.
- Project management skills with the ability to set goals and prioritize programs.
- Analytical, observant, and strategic, applying the right balance between data and qualitative information to decision-making and change management.
- Strong data and analytical expertise, knowledgeable and comfortable with financial P&Ls, and mobile or SaaS product KPIs.
- Use frameworks to help structure the team's thinking, promote agreement on important decisions among team members, and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach relevant answers without boiling the ocean with analysis overload.
- Track record of proposing process and behavior solutions that drive efficiency and empowerment, and minimize politics and bureaucracy. Willing to push back and challenge, identify, and drive the right debates up, down, and around.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with all personality types at all levels, ability to navigate difficult conversations or situations, and eradicate politics.
- Ability to quickly draft highly purposeful and effective communications.
- Ability to craft strong presentation materials working with cross-functional stakeholders. Strong competency with Google Slides.
- A willingness and eagerness to roll up your sleeves and jump into the trenches, performing a wide range of duties to successfully drive projects across the finish line under tight deadlines and with a high standard of excellence and attention to detail.
- Low-ego team player who puts business outcomes before his/her/their interests.
- A mature and strong-minded individual who leans into receiving feedback is eager to grow and doesn’t shy away from being challenged.
What You Will Do
- Bandwidth and Leadership Multiplier: Act as a force multiplier to the Co-CEO, digesting and advising on priorities, ensuring strategic time management, preparation for meetings and speaking engagements, and tracking follow-ups.
- Master Project Manager: Own the design and execution of project plans on behalf of the CEO, driving these initiatives to better outcomes than if he were to drive them himself, given the limitations he is faced with due to the volume of demands on his time.
- Context Disseminator: Provide context and direction to functional leaders, administrative staff, and support teams across the company as needed. Work with company stakeholders across products and functions to design and drive transformational roadmaps across the business, directing and facilitating follow-through on initiatives agreed to in Leadership meetings.
- Executive Team Leader and Partner: Work with the CEO’s Executive Assistant to ensure that his calendar is optimized and aligned with business priorities and ensure proper meeting preparation. Partner closely with leadership and other Chiefs of Staff to enable optimal alignment.
- Corporate Goal Champion: Identify solutions to the strategic challenges and opportunities facing our teams as we serve our communities.
Strategy & Business Communications
- Evolving our corporate narrative with the business: Partner with the CEO to ensure Scopely’s business narrative and supporting collateral (presentations, media, etc.) is always evolving alongside Scopely’s dynamic business to most effectively communicate our scale, growth, & opportunity set.
- Business reporting & investor relations: Help build the strategy and communication cadence with Scopely’s key corporate and financial stakeholders. Ensure these stakeholders have the financials, KPIs, and qualitative information they need to understand our business and go-forward plans. Partner with the CEOs, CFO, and other executives to prepare for Board meetings and other stakeholder touchpoints.
- Organizational Effectiveness, Design, and Change Management Supporter: As we grow, it will be increasingly important to identify opportunities to promote efficiency and effectiveness across our organization, ensure that both our services and teams can scale, and we are structured to promote maximum value for our business and communities. Participate in organization design discussions with CEO, Scopely’s Senior Team, CEO’s Directs, People Business Partners, and other stakeholders to support Scopely’s evolution and the change management execution to ensure target outcomes.
- Talent, Culture, and People Strategy: Talent and culture are critical drivers to Scopely’s success, and our talent needs are very dynamic. Partner cross-functionally to build and drive the executive-level talent pipeline and hiring plans. Work with our COO and Compensation teams to evolve and execute our Long Term Incentive/equity programs and monitor their effectiveness. Help ensure our culture is scaling with the business as we grow our global footprint. Communicate and operationalize our culture so that it is deeply integrated with the fabric of how we work.
- Readiness and Impact Creator: Work in partnership with our Brand and Corporate Communications team to develop internal and external communications and ensure the CEO is well-prepared for all media relations and speaking opportunities. Optimize the CEO’s role and involvement across key communication forums. Prepare materials that drive key messaging and allow nuanced and sophisticated communication to happen across the org and with Scopely’s investor stakeholders.
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY, and WA, the annual salary range is $143,000 - $198,000 plus equity, bonus, and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.