Neo4j is the world’s leading graph data platform. We help organizations – including Comcast, ICIJ, NASA, UBS, and Volvo Cars – capture the rich context of the real world that exists in their data to solve challenges of any size and scale. Our customers transform their industries by curbing financial fraud and cybercrime, optimizing global networks, accelerating breakthrough research, and providing better recommendations. Neo4j delivers real-time transaction processing, advanced AI/ML, intuitive data visualization, and more. Find out more at neo4j.com and follow us at @Neo4j.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
About the Role
Neo4j has been experiencing tremendous growth, surpassing $100M in ARR and raising the largest funding round in database history. As we continue to scale rapidly, we are searching for our first-ever Chief of Staff (CoS) to partner with our CEO and executive team. The CoS will be exposed to every aspect of the CEO’s work and develop deep operational expertise.
This person will be a member of the CEO’s leadership team and will immediately impact productivity. In addition, they will own critical bodies of work such as identifying/driving efficiencies in our operating process, driving quarterly business reviews, leading special high priority projects, producing content for board meetings/all Company meetings, and conducting the weekly executive staff meetings.
This is an ideal role for a management consultant looking to accelerate their career and gain hands-on executive leadership and operations experience.
What you'll be doing
- Work every day alongside the CEO as his strategic advisor and right-hand person for key operational processes
- Be the primary thought partner and sounding board to the CEO during brainstorming sessions
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities for the CEO such as reporting, creating decks for all-hands meetings, board meetings, and the like. Crafting/sending internal communications, and other operational tasks that help drive the business forward
- Manage the agenda and priorities for weekly executive team meetings and drive agenda and produce content for quarterly business reviews
- Develop deep relationships with leaders across the company to drive increased efficiency, alignment and communication across departments
- Lead high priority special projects that may cut across multiple departments, especially those that may not have a clear owner, such as new market discovery, fundraising efforts, etc.
What we are looking for in you...
- 3-5 years post MBA experience required
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or a fast-paced technology company preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence and communicate at all levels of the organisation
- High level of confidence and strong presentation skills
- Strong service mentality and bias for action
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the trenches. Must be able to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution/daily operations (creating decks, reporting, managing priorities for the leadership team, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organised and process-driven
- Comfort and experience using data to make decisions
Location - Malmö, Sweden- you must be willing to relocate to either Copenhagen or Malmö
We have a very distributed Executive team split between Silicon Valley, Boston, London and Malmö. However, for this role, you’ll need to mind-meld with Emil, sharing an office with him in Malmö, and learning through assimilation.
Therefore, you would need to be based in the Malmö area in the short term. Copenhagen, in particular, is a great city to live in. (4th in Time Outs global 37 best cities to live in in 2021)
Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is among the 20 most popular databases in the world and the clear leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Data Platform category. We’re well funded and have an experienced management team focused on how organizations should apply data to solve challenging problems for decades to come. We have customers in every industry across the globe, and we build technology that has a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to define the future of data, analytics and automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
More information at www.neo4j.com.
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We value relationships
We focus on user success
We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
We assume positive intent
We welcome intellectually honest discussions
We deliver on our commitments
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Neo4j:
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the privacy notice regarding Neo4j's recruitment process to understand how we will handle the personal data that you provide.
More information at www.neo4j.com.