Chief of Staff to the CEO
OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals, and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We're on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading-edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
At Olipop our values lead the way we create our products, engage with each other, and interact with our community. While we're invested in our product, we're equally invested in personal development. We're tightly knit, we're genuine and we're always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before. Our team is also fully remote, requiring us to be resourceful, creative and collaborative to support our fast-moving business.
To best serve our diverse community of customers, we also seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures.
What You'll Need
Working at a start-up can be as much a personal journey as it is a professional one. To succeed at a company like Olipop, you must be comfortable with failing, learning, and adapting. You need to be curious, optimistic, and able to find a way when it seems impossible. You must be confident enough to express your ideas but humble and open to learning from your experiences and from others. If this is the approach you take to life, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Chief of Staff to support our CEO in driving the strategic direction and growth of our organization. As a key liaison between the CEO and the rest of the organization, you will ensure that information is disseminated effectively and efficiently. Moreover, you will be responsible for supporting the CEO in the strategic planning and execution of long-term goals and initiatives while identifying potential risks and opportunities. Overall, the COS will ensure our CEO stays focused on strategic priorities, effectively manages their time, and will foster seamless communication and collaboration across the organization.
CEO / Co-Founder
$220,000 - $240,000
- Act as the CEO's right-hand person, supporting and advising them in all aspects of their role.
- Facilitate communication between the CEO and other executives, board members, and external stakeholders.
- Ownership of company leadership meetings, overseeing the meeting agenda, facilitating discussions, driving follow-up actions and initiatives, and holding leaders accountable for their deliverables.
- Lead and manage special projects assigned by the CEO that require cross-collaboration or outside the scope of existing functions, ensuring timely delivery and successful completion.
- Provide strategic and operational support to the CEO, including conducting research and analysis, preparing reports, and making recommendations.
- Creates and maintains systems and processes to optimize and streamline operations across the company.
- Represent the CEO and the company in internal and external meetings as needed.
- Anticipate potential issues or roadblocks and proactively develop solutions.
- The central point of contact for urgent business issues or initiatives managed by the CEO.
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and other departments within the company to ensure that goals and objectives are aligned and achieved.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment by building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Assist the CEO, and senior leadership navigate through uncertainty and risk.
- At least 7 years of experience as a Chief of Staff, management consultant, or similar role with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in business or related area of study.
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, agile environment, with the ability to manage rapidly changing priorities and operate under high levels of uncertainty.
- Strong leadership skills and a commitment to Olipop's values.
- Exceptional project management abilities, with a proven track record of successfully leading and managing complex initiatives from start to finish.
- Possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to drive results and ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Experience managing budgets, contracts, and contractor relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Experience working with data, including KPI analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Understanding of organizational dynamics and a proven ability to operate with emotional and political intelligence.
- Ability to uphold a high standard of integrity and discretion.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Experience working in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Interest in gut health, microbiology, metabolic health, and/or nutrition.
- PMP Certification.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Olipop does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.