Eventbrite is the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences. In 2021, creators sold 291 million tickets across 5.4M events in nearly 180 countries. The company’s founding mission is to bring the world together through live experiences.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff (CoS) to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will drive and support our company's strategic direction and operational excellence. They will work closely with the CEO and executive staff to design operating systems that support hyper-growth, rapid evolution, and the commitment to our company culture and obsession for creators, consumers, and shareholders.
You will partner with co-founder and CEO Julia Hartz, who has led the company since 2016. She leads the company to execute our mission and vision: to bring the world together through live experiences by enabling easy event creation and consumption for anyone, anywhere. The executive staff is a team of nine who have a diverse set of backgrounds and tenure at the company of 850 worldwide.
You will serve as a trusted advisor and confidant to Julia and the executive staff, helping amplify efforts and function as a thought partner on diverse challenges. The CoS will have the unique opportunity to be exposed to and operate at the highest business strategy and operations levels. You will forge connections with senior leaders both inside and outside of the organization and bring your skills and experience to solve the company’s most challenging problems as we scale and grow.
The CoS will immediately impact our productivity by inducing velocity in decision-making, streamlining strategic initiatives, clarifying strategic goals, overseeing executive staff program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The CoS will help create and maintain opportunities for the CEO to connect with customers, investors, and partners.
- Lead and manage the regular executive staff cadence (e.g., executive and functional leadership meetings, executive planning sessions, leadership offsites)
- Assist in preparation for quarterly Board of Directors meetings (e.g., discussion materials, written investor updates, customer connection)
- Develop business and project plans for initiatives that cut across the organization, including new go-to-market opportunities and improvements to internal operations
- Partner with our CEO to drive efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, managing programs, and communicating cross-functional objectives
- Maintain operational cadence for the business, including OKRs, annual planning, and more
- Act as a representative to the CEO to various stakeholders, both internally and externallyOversee strategic business initiatives from ideation to implementation
- Work with leadership to deliver, monitor, and communicate progress toward goals
- Provide the CEO and senior leaders insight and analysis of the company's operations
THE SKILL SET
- Experienced: 8+ years experience in a senior operating role at a fast-paced technology company; management consulting experience; corporate development; or venture capital
- Operational Excellence: You will be instrumental in maintaining operational excellence through strategy development and process excellence to improve team performance. You have a roll-up-the-sleeves approach with strong executive presence and analytical rigor.
- Strategic: You are highly organized and detail-oriented, able to handle multiple deadlines, projects, and stakeholders. You can define how a project may benefit a company’s efficiency and strategic plan and help execute it.
- Interpersonal Communications Skills: You can convey complex ideas concisely and actionable manner to internal and external audiences. You can influence via your ability to pull together compelling, data-driven narratives.
- Collaborative: You have a deep understanding of how to build collaborative relationships with others, including our customers, the Executive Team, investors, and partners, among others. You possess high emotional intelligence and comfort in engaging with team members and business leaders.
- Flexible: You can thrive in a dynamic environment and feel comfortable with ambiguity. You can work with evolving systems and structures, demonstrating the flexibility to adapt to changing settings while managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Personable: As an ambassador of Eventbrite and representative of the Office of the CEO, you embody the company's spirit internally and externally.
- Proficiency in Spanish written and verbal
What We Offer
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We Care About Your Mental Health And Wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com .
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team .
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Eventbrite believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission to bring the world back together through live experiences. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all US applicants and employees to enter any Eventbrite office and/or interact in a physical setting with Eventbrite employees. Eventbrite will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.