Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As Chief of Staff, you will lead a highly coordinated strategic planning process on behalf of the CEO, positioning him to maximize both time and impact. The process will consider business objectives, philanthropic efforts, and other priorities, all with an emphasis on implementation. This position will be based in our Chicago, IL office.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the CEO’s vision and objectives and be able to clearly articulate them to various audiences. Leverage that knowledge to lead the strategic planning process for the CEO and ensure that his time is allocated to the most critical, highest value priorities.
- Develop strategic plans for the CEO with the goal of maximizing time and impact.
- Prioritize relationships between CEO and key external stakeholder groups including suppliers, customers, government, media, trade and business groups, financial partners, and NGOs. Working with internal stakeholders, ensure regular contact between CEO and these groups. Document and track touchpoints and commitments to ensure consistent communication and follow through.
- Cultivate relationships with key internal stakeholders and develop a cadence of regular communication, resulting in increased operational effectiveness.
- Create and maintain a collaborative culture with teams across the organization.
- Maximize the CEO’s time in the office by anticipating needs and proactively engaging, to assure alignment with CEO’s and company’s initiatives and projects.
- Identify, develop, and present potential value add engagement opportunities.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the CEO while prioritizing and managing communication both to and from the CEO.
- Working with Public Affairs, clearly communicate the business narrative, acting as a reliable, trustworthy extension of the office of the CEO.
- Develop agendas and facilitate bi-weekly Invenergy Senior Leaders Forum (SLF) meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in the energy sector, preferably within a development, sales, policy, or related function
- Knowledge of energy industry trends, policies and key players to the extent that it can be used to develop strategic plans for the CEO
- Ability to synthesize ideas, capture ambiguous but relevant information, associate actions that need to be taken, and develop strategic plans with minimal direction
- Anticipatory and organized – ability to identify and pursue opportunities that will lead to business outcomes, and develop a strategy to execute
- Excellent communication, influencing, and coordination skills – proven ability to relay information and ideas clearly and effectively to a wide variety of audiences, both internal and external stakeholders
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.