The Take is looking for a Chief of Staff who is intelligent, hard-working, creative, detail-oriented, positive, and highly adaptable. This role will report to and assist the CEO, President & Co-Founder, acting as key administrative, operational, and business support for the C-suite. This person is crucial in setting up the CEO and the organization for success. As the Chief of Staff, you will work in lock-step with the CEO as her gatekeeper - manage correspondence and communications, coordinate daily operations and personnel, strategize and help build new revenue streams, create & maintain streamlined processes and inter-departmental efficiencies and oversee special projects that will grow and expand The Take. Candidates must be passionate about The Take’s mission and thrive in our culture, where we prioritize respect and collaborative teamwork to accomplish goals, embrace feedback and “out of the box” thinking, operate with trust and integrity, expect sustained high performance and the mission-driven desire to create and produce high-quality content and critical thought that makes a positive cultural impact. This person should possess an outstanding work ethic, a no job too big or too small attitude, take initiative, creatively problem solve and be excited about rolling up their sleeves and becoming an indispensable member of a driven and dynamic team.
- Support the President & CEO in running all aspects of the business by offering administrative and high-level executive support.
- Act as gatekeeper to CEO, managing their calendar, communications and correspondence, etc. with astute understanding of the creative and strategic goals of the business.
- Create a structure for the President & CEO to improve visibility with and accountability across teams.
- Act with initiative and foresight to Develop and Implement high-quality processes that optimize company-wide administration, operations and communications.
- Act with initiative to implement new operations systems that improve team accountability and communications, help identify and vet new talent and continuously run quality control checks.
- Prepare and provide necessary information, analysis and materials that ensure CEO’s preparedness for internal and external meetings.
- Manage on behalf of and alongside CEO key business partnerships (entertainment, media companies, sponsors and advertisers) and 3rd party vendor relationships (i.e., accounting and reporting, legal, website designers, merchandise and payroll)
- Create content for internal and external purposes, such as company presentations, investor presentations, external interviews, appearances, meetings and business development opportunities.
- Serve as a proxy for the CEO in meetings to maximize bandwidth, surface key takeaways, minutes, action items, and ensure follow-through
- Lead and partner on special projects from ideation to launch across Business Development, Sales, Operations, and Content Creation & Editorial Production
- Create YouTube and social performance analytics reports and present to executive team to inform editorial growth strategy
- Identify, pursue, and lay the groundwork for growth opportunities, showcasing great professional judgment in each step of the process
- Showcase passion for company and investment in the company, surface ideas for new videos and series
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2-3 years experience in corporate development, business development, management consulting, or similar field. Prior experience as Chief of Staff or in digital media preferred
- Displays excellent judgment and strategic thinking
- An amazing ‘no job too big or too small’ attitude
- A quick learner that is excited to learn skills and platforms, overcome obstacles and take on additional responsibilities.
- Exercises emotional intelligence and the ability to adapt to different working styles and personalities
- Financial experience and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- Strong project management skills enabling multiple projects to be completed on time
- Effective listener with strong communication skills
- Can derive clear takeaways from raw data and present in a digestible manner
- Proven track record in project management and managing people
- Deep familiarity with G-Suite and YouTube backend preferred
- Ability to move quickly and be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
This is a full-time role, usually based in our **New York, NY office located in West SoHo **or **South Florida, **but *currently **remote.* **This role could remain remote for the right candidate and situation.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and why you’d like to work with The Take to email@example.com with the subject line: Chief of Staff / Your Name Resume.