Online shopping has changed. Today’s eCommerce runs on selling products, not brands. SamCart is the only eCommerce software platform built for creators, by creators, who want to build a profitable digital business and experience personal freedom and growth.
Chief of Staff to CRO & Growth Team
We are looking for a new Chief of Staff to the Chief Revenue Officer and the Growth Team. This is a critical role, that will serve as the right-hand person to our CRO. This role leads strategic project management initiatives, drives & supports change management processes throughout the GTM organization, and is instrumental in driving key business outcomes.
This role works closely with the CRO in the following ways:
- Researching and forming strategic ideas from inception and project managing them until they are fully executed.
- Thought Leader who tactically leads and initiates change throughout the GTM organization
- Thinking strategically while providing tactical support to implement ideas
- Helping develop deep trusted relationships across the company
- Providing independent, informed, unbiased insights including on the ground feedback
- Ultimately able to grow into a trusted advisor and brainstorming partner to the CRO
This role also works closely with the Chief of Staff, operations, functional department leaders and the Executive team, so a collaborative and no-ego persona is critical for success.
Project & Strategic Management
- Tracking high priority initiatives, identifying and solving obstacles, cascading communications to ensure total alignment, ensuring collaboration from multiple teams/areas within the company.
- Help Department Heads develop and manage execution & completion of OKRs for vital business outcomes as well as partner with the rest of the organization to ensure dependent OKRs are aligned and achieved.
- Identifying and spearheading key ad-hoc strategic projects, defining and researching new ideas and business opportunities, and providing decision-support through data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop a cohesive approach for change management across the organization including communications planning, training, and stakeholder management
- Develop communication plan to develop deep relationships with key partners across the company, as well as to communicate timely and transparently with the organization
- Supporting annual budget planning, investor meeting preparation, and quarterly business review processes.
- Lead employee engagement across the teams
- Collaborate with the leadership team, and other key collaborators to monitor, analyze and report our performance against established OKRs
- Scheduling, coordinating, planning and executing essential tasks and follow-ups to ensure the team is achieving its highest potential.
- Serving as a trusted advisor and confidant to the executive who could act as a proxy as business knowledge and trust/business needs mature.
You’ll love this job if you are...
- Execution Focused: Apolitical, driven by growth objectives and/or pride in work, but not personal glory.
- Curious: A deep willingness to learn, realize that no one knows everything, and you are comfortable with that and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
- Motivator: Both self-motivated and great at motivating others. You don’t wait to be told what to do, and if you see something that needs to be done you act.
- High integrity: You know right from wrong and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You keep your word, follow through, and do what you say you will do. Don’t cut corners ethically, and always do what is right as opposed to what’s simply convenient.
- Team Player: Collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You could never ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
- Empathetic: You can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Others trust you and share with you.
- Entrepreneurial: You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives.
- Flexible: You adapt as situations change and are comfortable with ambiguity and constant change.
- Big-Picture Thinking: You are always exploring and evaluating new ideas and processes that make the organization better.
- GSD: You get stuff done. Period.
- Bachelor’s degree required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years software experience leading change management and 5+ years in management position and/or change management leadership role(s).
- Exceptional communication skills – presentations, verbal, and written
- Pragmatic approach to solving complex problems with a bias for action
- Strategy development experience, including using market research and outside-in analysis to formulate future state
- Experience with driving change through traditional and out-of-the-box change management processes
- Outcome focused with an extremely positive and resilient attitude, comfortable with a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- Experience with software, SaaS businesses of $50-$150 million in revenue and high growth both organically and acquisitively.
- Proven, successful track record of navigating across functional areas to deliver profitable sales and top line growth.
- Has worked in a fast growing and changing environment going through different growth stages.
- Time spent in a private equity backed business is strongly preferred, if not required.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable, sales environment.
This is what you’ll love about SamCart
Our co-founders always say “Their success is our success” and we believe that about our people too! We want everyone to love their job at least 80% of the time and when you are successful, the whole team is successful.
- Each team has one offsite Hub Week per quarter to collaborate with team members (and others!) and plan for the upcoming quarter.
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire from and for a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We have unlimited PTO with an encouraged 14-day minimum to empower our team members to maintain a healthy balance in their day-to-day lives.
- Yay, we have 401K!
- Health Insurance premiums are covered 100% by SamCart for you +1, be it a significant other or child.
- Supportive Parental leave policies for all parents
- Career growth and development are essential here at SamCart and we want all team members to build sustainable, future-proof and adaptable careers.
- Self-Care is important, which is why we offer a monthly wellness credit.
Our Core Values
Be Transparent - We communicate openly, thrive on feedback, and check our egos at the door.
Be Human - We operate with compassion and always assume positive intent.
Be an Owner - We are all owners of the business. We take pride in our work and know that the success of our customers and the business contributes to our individual success.
Be Creative and Commit - We collaborate, create resourceful solutions, and work as a team to get it done.
Be You - We are stronger together because of the unique qualities we each bring to the team. We believe in balance, making time for fun, and enjoying the work we do!