Our Vision and Values
Ten Percent Happier is a vision and values driven organization that operates around the principles of self management, wholeness, and evolutionary purpose. Everything we do is aligned with our collective vision of a future world where: All people develop the inner resources to cultivate happiness. We work towards this vision of the world everyday through six shared values:
- Human First. We deeply care for each other, and we're unafraid of bringing this care into our work. We see, support, and celebrate each other as humans - flaws and all - with grace and compassion.
- Own Your Shit. We name our foibles allows us to work with them, rather than being driven blindly by them.
- Say The Hard Thing. We owe it to each other to speak up. Hard feedback, delivered skillfully, helps our colleagues grow and is great for business.
- Don’t Side With Yourself. We have a deeply rooted tendency to cling to our views. We strive to escape our subjectivity and appreciate other perspectives.
- Build More Skateboards. Innovation requires rapid iteration and failure. World-changing ideas always start out woefully inadequate, even embarrassing. When we understand this, we stop criticizing the skateboards and start extending trust.
- For Us All. We welcome the innate value that comes from diverse experiences. We are invested in creating a collaborative and equitable work environment where each of us feels supported, valued, and recognized for our unique contribution to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
We ask interested folks to carefully assess their excitement about our vision and values as they are central to mutual happiness in any role at Ten Percent.
Your mission is to translate key company strategies into manageable execution-focused processes and drive them to successful outcomes.
What you will do:
As Chief of Staff, you will work closely with the leadership team to metabolize a wide range of company strategies and operational goals, define criteria for successful outcomes, and manage the execution of systems/processes to final outcomes. This role is highly responsive to the needs of the organization and will change frequently based on strategic priorities and executive capacity.
Some of your activities will include:
- Improving and managing quarterly planning and kick-off processes. Includes working with department heads and other key stakeholders to capture OKRs, support budgeting processes, and creating materials for company all-hands presentations.
- Facilitating leadership conversations and decision making process to ensure appropriate prioritization and resourcing. Keep executive conversations focused and efficient. Capture action items and hold stakeholders accountable for commitments.
- Managing the executional aspects of moving the company towards integral (teal) systems across our five systems of collaboration: feedback flow, resource allocation, information flow, decision making, and conflict engagement.
- Specifying needs for internal operational tools and creating processes for information flow for company-wide communication including existing tools (like Notion and Slack) and new tools that we may need to build or acquire.
- Support COO prioritization to ensure appropriate time/attention is directed towards the most pressing needs of the company. This may include calendar audits, challenging executives on resource allocation, and applying new frameworks to sharpen leadership team focus.
- Occasionally serve as a trusted representative for the COO when capacity isn’t available for synchronous interaction, being able to clearly relay perspectives, opinions, and support decisions.
What you will bring to the team:
- Exceptional team player: demonstrated ability to rally a wide range of stakeholders across complex, multi-faced projects to drive to agreement and success.
- Outcome ownership: has shown deft in managing wholistic projects and outcomes, consistently driving through successful completion.
- Translates strategy into execution: world-class ability to understand (and even sharpen) strategies and translate them into clear, manageable, and efficient executional processes. Comfortable with challenging assumptions of others and signaling problems as they arise.
- Entrepreneurial and self-managed: doesn’t require clearly laid plans or pre-defined steps to drive outcomes to success. Thrives in uncertainty and knows when “good enough” is best.
- Integral approach: has expressed interest in integral organizational systems and is excited to support the organization in re-inventing how we function, turning away from traditional power structures and hierarchies.
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Ben Einstein, President and COO.
You will frequently collaborate with Ben Rubin, Sarah Bidnick, Derek Haswell, Jason Pavel, Jess Morey, and Nadine Robinson.
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- You’ll receive a $1,000 stipend to support your work from home set-up
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.