We're on a mission to connect the scholastic community and enrich lives. 50+MM US families have children playing sports – Aktivate transforms how scholastic sports are managed & funded and helps reduce the financial barriers that prevent more students from experiencing the positive benefits of school activities. We are a well-funded company that is building a powerful platform for the management of youth and scholastic sports, a growing $40B+ industry. We’re a purpose-driven company led by serial entrepreneurs and technology leaders. Our vision is to bring the most advanced technologies to the administration, communication, and funding of scholastic sports. With over 1 million students across our network of ~1,500 schools, we are a team that’s growing rapidly, while delivering community impact to millions of student athletes and their families.
About the role:
We’re looking to add a Chief of Staff to our team who will work directly with our cofounders (CEO, Chairman, CFO/COO) as their trusted right hand. This individual will supercharge our strategic thinking and critical project execution by creating and managing the processes behind our most important and most forward-looking initiatives as a company. This role will engage across all functions and all senior executives across Aktivate, including capital raising, sponsorship sales, product strategy, school sales strategy, talent management, and management of administrative staff. This role is a balance between strategy and sharp execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Past experience as a VC-backed company executive, GM, chief of staff
- Past experience as management consultant or investment banker at a tier-1 / bulge bracket firm (i.e., mastery of Microsoft suite; presenting; financial modeling; research; senior client exposure)
- Minimum of 6-years work experience
- Proven ability to engage with diverse functions (engineers, designers, sales, administration and executive) in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Passion for entrepreneurship and early-stage companies
Example backgrounds of interesting candidates:
A project manager or operations guru with startup experience who thrives keeping the trains running on time with little oversight. An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a window into VC-backed company building a business generalist with a passion for technology and a penchant for learning new things fast.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting CEO on CEO-level business development initiatives
- Supporting CEO on CEO-level sales initiatives
- Supporting CEO/CFO on M&A / integration initiatives
- Supporting CFO on board-related matters
- Supporting CFO/CEO on capital raising-related initiatives
- Conducting research on markets, users, competitors and business opportunities and diligence
- Initiating and leading special projects (building internal products and programs, research deep dives, etc.)
- Managing and processing email communication
- Managing partner projects, brand/marketing initiatives and events
- Overseeing critical scheduling and contact management performed by corporate administration
- Owning (interim) talent management performed by admin team