Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff for our Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). Are you keen to join a high growth organization at a time of exciting transformation? Do you enjoy helping drive key strategic initiatives while collaborating with cross-functional business leaders? Do you have a passion for marketing, customer success and collaboration? In this role, you will focus on driving results through strong leadership alignment, deep operational rigor, and transformational strategic initiatives. You will be operating at the heart of our marketing organization to create both the customer journey and associated marketing function of the future.
- Manage the Office of the CMO and the Planning, Transformation and Enablement teams and programs within
- Partner with the CMO on major initiatives including annual strategy, planning and budgeting; quarterly reviews and reporting; Senior Marketing Leadership programming and wider global marketing community mobilization
- Identify, scope and manage major cross-functional transformational programs to evolve our function and our impact
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements that unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- Participate as a member of the wider Go-To-Market leadership team to help drive alignment and collaboration across marketing, sales and customer success teams and programs
- Partner with the CMO and executive communications lead on content and communications strategy, presentations, reports (ie QBR/business updates, Board updates, leadership meetings, project/initiative presentations, All Hands presentations, etc) and events (virtual/in person as appropriate)
- Travel with executive as needed to customer/partner/analyst/employee meetings and events
- Strategic thinker who also enjoys getting stuff done
- Strong executive presence and proven cross-functional collaboration
- Minimum 10+ years experience and exposure to multiple functions in a fast-growing software / tech organization
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment and meet deadlines. Effective and versatile with a bias for action and sense of urgency
- Proven ability to cultivate talent and nurture resources; build and drive extended and disparate teams
- Decisive voice well versed in best practices, proven methodologies, with a successful track record of leading complex problems and issues
- Careful attention to detail and project management skills
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research/analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required
- Consistent cross-functional collaborator, and business partner, directly contributing to teams to achieve overall objectives
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Willingness to travel 20+% of time
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.