Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Chief of Staff role at Clover Health is designed to enable our executives and their corresponding verticals to operate at their most efficient. Our Chiefs of Staff rely on their backgrounds in operations, strategy, project management and process improvement to support the various work streams, goals and initiatives across their teams and the organization as a whole.
We are looking for a dynamic Chief of Staff to support the Chief Growth Officer (CGO). You will be the right hand to the CGO - monitoring progress on growth initiatives, tracking and supporting key action items to completion, and identifying and unblocking areas of risk. In this role you will oversee growth operations while also keeping the CGO apprised of key initiatives and projects, and jumping in to move things forward wherever necessary. The right person for this role will be metrics and data oriented, creative, passionate, extraordinarily organized, and have the ability to influence and manage wide-scale projects.
As a Chief of Staff, you will:
Build and execute an overall strategy to meet growth targets for both the Medicare Advantage and Direct Contracting lines of business.
Support the CGO in monitoring and executing on key initiatives throughout the growth organization.
- Assist in cross-functional work streams where the CGO is the DRI (e.g., new market expansion, membership growth, etc).
- Supplement staffing for various initiatives by serving as part of the initiative team, providing programmatic support, etc.
- Absorb context quickly and dip in and out of projects meriting deeper support.
- Drive strategic alignment between Clover implementation and delivery teams.
- Align teams on the priorities, risks, and statuses and apply local context.
Track and monitor action items for the CGO across company initiatives in a consolidated fashion.
- Communicate project and initiative status to the CGO, removing roadblocks when possible and highlighting / escalating at risk OKRs as needed.
- Develop work plans and pivot quickly as priorities shift.
- Compile special reports, ad hoc presentations and communications for internal and external stakeholders.
- Enable teams to ensure business OKRs and KPIs are met.
Support work in other areas by building cross-functional relationships with key partners across the organization, enabling teams and individuals to achieve goals, and enforcing accountability as needed.
You will love this job if:
- You dive head first into accepting diverse and challenging assignments with rigor and curiosity.
- You consistently find connections between seemingly unrelated concepts.
- You are able to take an idea or problem that may not necessarily have a defined home within the organization, and go figure it out with little to no direction
- You have the ability to build a sphere of influence at all levels.
- You identify operational gap, plug the holes, and just make things work.
- You are innovative, resourceful and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You should get in touch if:
- You have at least 5 years of project management experience, ideally in a management consulting and/or growth operations setting.
- You have experience collaborating across various levels of the organization and are comfortable communicating with and creating materials for leadership and executives.
- You have direct experience with OKR/KPI measurement and management to meet business goals.
- You have proven experience to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Previous startup experience preferred