About the role, and the person we would like to join us:
Numan is growing fast, and the need has now arisen for some specialist support for our CEO and the wider organisation. We are looking for someone to work behind the scenes, acting as gatekeeper and confidant to our CEO, someone who will solve problems and mediate disputes. We are hoping to find a dynamic Chief of Staff who is capable of handling a variety of day to day tasks and special projects, all while putting out the fires that are likely to pop up from time to time.
The person we have in mind will have a pragmatic approach to tasks, the confidence to push back where necessary, and the ability to augment the skill sets of others. The role would suit somebody already in a Chief of Staff position, but equally could be a next step up for either an accomplished Executive or Business Assistant
Key measures of success for this role over 12 months:
- To have enabled our CEO to become a better leader, with improved performance in all key areas.
- For his diary to be well managed with time correctly focussed and inline with business priorities
- To have played a pivotal role in improvements to his accountability to both himself and the team, and to have better visibility across the business
Experience we believe to be beneficial to the role:
- A number of years experience working in a senior support role as either Executive Assistant, Business Assistant, , Management Consultant, Chief of Staff, or similar.
- Have worked in either a startup or a growing founder led business, where there is constant change and shifting priorities.
- Experienced in building strong relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Have acted as a sounding board to C-Suite, with experience of offering judicious and practical advice.
- Project management experience, with a history of involvement in various tasks involving research and planning
What you’ll do:
- Act as an aid to the CEO and assist in effective decision making
- Augment the CEO to the rest of the leadership team, enabling him to enhance his skills and productivity with your high level support and advice.
- Help to prioritise tasks, and meetings, and assist our CEO in pulling back from duties not necessarily beneficial to the needs of the business
- Assess all enquiries directed to our CEO and determine the correct course of action, delegating where need be.
- Attend meetings alongside our CEO, take notes, and ensure all actions are executed to time
- Take on ad hoc and varied tasks that help to underpin the business and foster a positive working environment; these are likely to include a competitor analysis tracking project, a new office move, and regularly organising the agenda and logistics of team offsites
- Collaborate with the wider team, and lead on all internal communications
Your go-to approach will include:
- Focussing on outcomes over output
- Remaining unfazed by ambiguity; demonstrating how to convert chaos into order
- Owning problems, being accountable for their success
- Being ego-free, sharing praise and advocating self-reflection over blame
- Communicating clearly, with passion, both at a high level and in the detail