FL101 – Who we are
FL101 is on a mission to encourage the pursuit of greatness, raising a glass to special momentsalong the way. Headquartered in Austin, we are a Texas-bred company built for the “earlyrisers” out there – those dedicated to bettering their lives through exercising religiously,consuming choicefully, staying mentally fit, and living a purposeful life. The FL101 team is agroup of no-nonsense, no ego go-getters. Like our founder, we wake up every day excited tobuild a first-class company in the world’s most competitive category.
Chief of Staff – What you bring to the team
We are looking for a detail-oriented doer with a high “bias for action” to serve as Chief of Staffto our executive team. The Chief of Staff is our first key operations hire who will help guideimportant resource allocation, growth, and financial decisions. We are a small, nimble team andneed someone who can fill in the gaps – whether it’s making payroll gets filed on time orensuring distributors purchase their full commitments. You will be our proxy when we cannot bepresent and the glue that holds the various parts of our organization together.
Your Workstyle – What you need to succeed
- Attention to detail – The devil is in the details, after all, and at FL101 we believe in doingeverything first class.
- Preference for organization – Building financial models, forecasting supply chainneeds, coordinating the sales back-end, and supporting our people and legaloperations all involve an incredible amount of data and moving parts. We will rely on youto keep it in order.
- Ability to collaborate – We all share a common goal and we must maximize the sharedoutcome. Good ideas can come from anywhere, and while we may respectfully disagreeat first, once the team has committed to a course of action, we all jump in withoutreservation. The Chief of Staff must work across functions and support large-scaleprojects involving multiple team members and outside partners.
- A hustler’s mindset – As a new start-up, we have less people, money, and resourcesthan our competitors so we must find ways to creatively achieve our goals despite theconstraints. No task can be too small – ”not my job” is not in the job description.
Job – What we count on you for
- Create and maintain financial models to guide strategic decisions and investments
- Manage supply chain – forecast packaging needs; aid in de-risking the supply chain
- Support general people operations including maintaining HRIS, managing our PEO and
- payroll, etc
- Serve as a logistics coordinator for the sales team ensuring all orders are fulfilled as sold
- Maintain investor database, manage corporate filings, and ensure compliance with
- applicable licensing regulations
The basics – What we expect you to bring to the table
- 4-6 years work experience in the beverage alcohol industry, a similar consumer-facingbusiness, or with a consulting or financial firm serving the industry
- The ability to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- Track record of leadership independent of role
- History of working cross-functionally to move projects forward
- Evidence of success in leading key business initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from ideation through to implementation
- Excellent written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- Located in or willing to relocate to Austin, Texas
The perks – Benefits of working at FL101
- At FL101, we take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We’re making beer after all. Ourmission is to support those that are constantly striving to improve, and making sure they have acold, refreshing beer to celebrate the wins – big and little - along the way. We live those valuesourselves, encouraging each other to live healthy lifestyles, challenging ourselves toconsistently seek improvement, and striving to balance work, self, and family.
- We’re a young, scrappy new brand here to disrupt a category that’s been taking its drinkers forgranted for far too long. While we may not have a huge infrastructure, we also don’t have theaccompanying bureaucracy. At FL101, you will have ownership of your work and meaningfullyshape the course of our growth.
**Joining the team – How to apply
**We want to hear from you! Please send your resume along with a cover note sharing why you
- want to join the chase to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity matters – We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At FL101, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equalemployment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard torace, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medicalconditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexualorientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristicsand testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicablelaw. The FL101 team believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical toour success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from adiverse candidate pool.