Bloom Talent has partnered with a fast-growing company in the speech, occupational, and mental health services space looking for a Chief of Staff to their female CEO. The company is actually 80% female and prides itself on being collaborative, iterative, and very vocal in feedback. The company is remote but the CEO is based in NY and she is looking for a thought partner who can meet up in person for about a week each month. In this role you will be the CEO’s strategic right hand, acting as her eyes and ears around the company, and managing all of her internal communications as well as liaising with board members, investors, and clients. The ideal candidate can think quickly on their feet and is a proactive problem solver, coming to the table with solutions before being asked. You have a service mindset and will seek to elevate the CEO, removing things off her plate, prepping her for all meetings, keeping her on track with priorities and looking for inefficiencies to improve. A vibrant high-energy individual will do well here. This is an incredible opportunity to be brought into the executive fold of a successful company experiencing high growth, destined for great things! Remote EST hours with flexibility to be in NYC 1 week/month, great benefits, equity, 401k with matching, and more!
- Manage CEO-owned operating rhythms (e.g., organizational changes, CEO new hire onboarding process, board obligations, quarterly executive team offsite content, decision-making frameworks, planning client visits, preparing for meetings, managing investor meetings, etc.).
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with board members, investors, clients, and the CEO’s direct reports, as well as develop and cultivate strong networks across the entire organization.
- Act as a liaison for the CEO relaying and exchanging information with others, including Board members, investors, senior leaders, and customers.
- Make recommendations to the CEO concerning her time management, prioritization, delegation, and organization.
- Be an active participant in and provide strategic support for the CEO, including facilitating focused discussions, developing relevant agendas, and driving and tracking decisions and follow-up items.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining the cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans.
- Expertly manage incoming requests; respond to correspondence, inquiries, and invitations on behalf of the CEO.
- Display a commitment to excellent service and clear, concise, and approachable communication.
- Calendar management.
- Proactively coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings, including 1:1s, offsites, board meetings, and customer/investor/media events.
- Ensure smooth scheduling and preparation of executive leadership team. meetings, work blocks, and offsites.
- Arrange travel and develop and book travel and meeting accommodations.
- Optimize the prioritization, delegation, and organization of the CEO’s schedule by managing up and problem-solving.
- Provide occasional support with personal calendar coordination and duties.
- Manage, create and approve expense reports on behalf of the CEO.
- 5 years of experience in a corporate work environment and/or experience supporting a CEO.
- Undergraduate or graduate business education is also valued.
- Energized by the opportunity to work with and learn from a female CEO. Interest in our business and excitement about our company mission.
- Striking a balance between anticipation, intuition, and managing up.
- Flexible thinking and comfort with iteration and changing competing priorities.
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adept at handling sensitive information with care and confidence.
- An expert at using Google Workspace/G Suite.
Desired Skills and Experience
operations, communication, process improvement, meeting support, communications, chief of staff