Chief of Staff
- Location: we are only considering candidates based in the Bay Area.
The Chief Of Staff will work closely with Hubert Palan, our CEO, in managing the most critical strategic initiatives, driving Productboard to the next chapter of hyper-growth. Serving as a member of the executive team, the Chief of Staff will drive assessment of market development and strategic projects, including Expansion, M&A, Talent Acquisition, business operations, and Product Development.
You'll be the right hand to Hubert, physically working out of the same office for a minimum 40% of days per month. From a Digital HQ perspective, you will have 100% access to everything the CEO does (meetings, docs, email, slack). You will need to quickly understand every role and function across the company. Then you will take as much off his plate as possible. Initially, it starts with relatively administrative tasks, but you will be empowered to hire the support staff required to continually up-level to the highest leverage work possible.
What Hubert wants from this individual is a level of dedication, hustle, and smart work that rivals championship teams. What he will provide in return is the best learning and career-advancing role possible. We will push each other to be the best work versions of ourselves possible. As a result, we will change the way the products are made forever.
- Drive Productboard’s business strategy, alongside the CEO, from development through successful execution to meet our growth objectives.
- Create structure and focus for market development ideas that the executive team is exploring and bring forth recommendations for action.
- Manage strategic project planning, executive meetings, and leadership offsites.
- Proactively manage and assess CEO requests, including requests from Press, Sales Inquiries, Business Partners, Financial Partners, and more. Delegate to Executive Admin as needed.
- Work with BizOps to drive company operating cadence (Planning, OKRs, Board Meetings)
- Build rapport with the leadership team and key cross-functional stakeholders to serve as a catalyst for driving Productboard's future growth.
What We’re Looking For
- You have 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, and/or leadership at a fast-paced startup environment that demands strategic thinking, data analysis, organization, and collaborative communication.
- Unwavering ownership mentality. Whatever is best for Productboard > Team > Self/Individual.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and are able to interact with the highest level of leadership and build rapport with internal and external partners.
- You will be the conduit for information in many directions, especially at the executive and leadership level. You must be able to coach and be coached. To give and receive tough feedback.
- Excellent knowledge of business operations, corporate development and strategy.
- Proactive, hard-working, and resourceful in pushing progress forward and meeting accelerated timelines with minimal oversight.
- You have a demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, using utmost discretion when working with CEO, Executives, and Business Partners.
- You are able to travel (as needed) from our HQ in San Francisco to our offices in Vancouver, Prague, and Dublin.
Our mission at Productboard is to help all the curious and relentless product creators out there to "make products that matter, together." But while products matter, we know that people matter more. Your mission at Productboard will be to "Make people matter, together."
We need your help with building and leading a truly great company where everyone identifies with our mission and values, is inspired and appreciated, is welcomed and respected, and has an opportunity to grow, learn, and make impact. We will look to you for fostering our culture, helping us overcome challenges that come with rapid scaling, and building and leading a great global People team.
What is Productboard?
Productboard is the leading customer-centric product management platform that helps product teams get the right products to market, faster. It is essentially a system of record for any and all products. Over 4,000 customer-driven companies like Zendesk, Disney, Zoom, UiPath, and Quicken Loans use Productboard to gather customer feedback, analyze user data, prioritize product roadmap, and collaborate with everyone else in the team with a clearly communicated goal. Our end-to-end product management platform provides clear objectives for all teams and aligns colleagues around the product vision and roadmap. Think CRM but specifically designed for the needs of any modern product organization making digital products.
Productboard's intuitive, yet comprehensive platform enables teams to easily integrate with other engineering task management tools such as JIRA, Microsoft Azure DevOps, PivotalTracker, and GitHub and with systems full of valuable customer data and insights such as Salesforce, Slack, Intercom, Zendesk, Gainsight, other CRM systems, NPS systems, and many more.
Everyone deserves to work on products that will be used, enjoyed, and loved – products that matter. It’s Productboard’s mission to help product makers across the globe create exceptional products that resonate with customers deeply on both functional and emotional level. With Productboard, every team can make things that matter – together.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive Compensation, Stock Options, Company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 5,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $125M Series-D round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.