I’m Wouter, the co-founder, and CEO at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the last year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 3,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we look to scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a **Chief of Staff **who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- You can work from anywhere in the world – We work remotely!
- Join (and help shape) the fast-growing HR tech startup TestGorilla as an early employee
- Competitive package incl. bonus + stock options
- Remote position with a bright, motivated, and friendly team
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
The job in a nutshell
As the Chief of Staff, you will work directly with the CEO and COO to maximize effectiveness, drive alignment across the leadership team and execute essential tasks. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on our productivity.
You will be involved in both high-level strategic objectives and the day to day running of TestGorilla. You will enable and shepherd the leadership teams’ execution of special projects.
You will use internal data, research and your own analytical skills to guide goal setting and tracking. You will play a critical role in our growth and you are ready to get on an entrepreneurial journey with us!
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Keep track of targets and KPIs across all departments
- Facilitate meetings by ensuring the right preparation, notes and follow-ups
- Create decision-making frameworks and TestGorilla “playbook” of internal operations
- Support the leadership team in preparing board meetings and forecasts
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and taking the lead on all kinds of strategic projects
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission of people in dream jobs
- You have 3+ years of experience in top tier consulting firms, business development, corporate strategy and/or executive management experience
- You have a strong work ethic and fully align with our values
- You are very comfortable with data, metrics, measurement and analytics
- You have outstanding organizational skills and excellent English written and communication skills
- You are a great problem solver, with a flexible, can-do attitude, happy to put your hand to anything
- You are a structured thinker with a strategic mindset and a strong ability to connect the dots
- You are an active listener and a facilitator with a knack for a collaborative approach and a strong emotional intelligence
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
- You have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that allows employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
Recently, we procured $10M in seed funding from investors like Notion Capital and Jeff Weiner (the ex-CEO of LinkedIn), and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like the UK’s National Health Services, 3M, Sony, Boy Scouts of America, PepsiCo, Bain & Company, and Deloitte.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.