Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. Our customers are some of the fastest growing companies in the B2B space including Notion, Ramp and Segment. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, YCombinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.
The Chief of Staff role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for a strategic partner for the CEO to help build an exceptional company culture and drive outstanding company execution. Together, you will define and optimize the company’s operating rhythm. You’ll be the CEO’s right hand—from taking on strategic GTM projects to helping create unique leadership programs that make Mutiny a better place to work.
Here’s a little bit more about Jaleh and how she envisions your partnership.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- As Chief of Staff to the CEO, you will be responsible for supporting and leading a range of strategic initiatives, all critical to sustaining, scaling and growing our business. You will serve as a proxy to the CEO on important company decisions by making time, information, and decision processes more effective across the company.
- A significant part of your role will be working with the CEO to develop and reinvent people programs that are unique to Mutiny’s culture and DNA. This can include new manager training, compensation benchmarks or values-based interviews. It’s critical that you absolutely love the culture side of the business. If you’re more passionate about finance, you should apply to our Finance and Biz Ops team.
- In this fast-paced and agile role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the CEO on a day to day basis depending on what the needs of the business are each month, each week, and even each day.
- You will serve as a thought-partner to the CEO and take over our company OKR and offsite planning, as well as our weekly all hands.
- Drive special projects and hiring for strategic roles in partnership with the CEO while working cross-functionally with GTM and EPD teams.
- Given the stage of the company, this role is more about taking on important projects or tasks that the CEO would otherwise have to own and less about being a liaison between the CEO and the team. Each quarter, you will own a set of strategic initiatives to drive forward based on business needs and your own development goals.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience, including 2+ years at a tech company, ideally a startup.
- Fast and sound decision maker. Analytical enough to break down ambiguous problems, scrappy enough to get the info and orient themselves around any problem, wise enough to know what matters most and make a good decision despite lack of domain expertise.
- Strong storyteller and communicator. Able to communicate at the right altitude with board members, executives, leaders and ICs. Has off-the-charts presentations skills that package a lot of research/info into a cohesive story. It’s a pleasure to read short form (e.g. email) and long form docs (e.g. strategy) written by you.
- Solid project management skills. Is able to create order out of chaos. Is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Stays organized and doesn’t drop balls.
- Influential leader. Great at collaborating with and influencing leaders across the org. Able to give direct feedback and hold people accountable without being destructive. Can lead large projects with nearly the same urgency and speed as the CEO.
- Obsessed with culture. Views everything through the lens of culture and community and constantly has ideas for how to elevate our culture. Can come up with a great opening ice breaker or help design a new manager training because they can translate HR and business goals into creative ideas that energize people.
- A systems thinker. Observes raw data in the form of behavior and actions across the company and identifies how to systematically improve workflows to drive efficiency and quality.
- Makes work feel like play. Mutiny is a playful and creative place. We are extremely performance-oriented but know how to make things fun along the way. As Chief of Staff we want someone that embodies this culture.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
What you’ll get out of it:
- You are joining a rocketship! We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce, and Snowflake. We are growing incredibly fast and about to hit another inflection point. The potential is unreal. Join and you’ll see what we mean.
- You’ll get to work with the CEO, executive team and the board on a regular basis and learn how to think like a CEO.
- You will get exposure to real business problems every company faces (growth) that you can take with you to start your own company (or to help scale another).
- You will have fun, plain and simple. There is a reason our first company value is that work should feel like play.
- You will experience a new way of working. Our team is fully distributed across North America and the EU. But we come together as a company for quarterly offsites (usually in super fun places like Hawaii and Salt Lake City). This combination of experience-based work is a competitive advantage we plan on leaning into.
These values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the post, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
- Live in the world you want to change
We also believe in balanced teams and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, lifestyle, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
We are fully remote and offer H1-B Sponsorship.