Building mortgage lending into your product is incredibly difficult — it requires a lot of time + money with significant operational complexity. We are building infrastructure to make building an integrated mortgage experience easier.
Our mission is simple: unlock homeownership across the web
We have previously worked at companies like Better, Stripe, Palantir, LendingHome, Instabase, and Root. Our cofounders each built YC-backed companies prior to starting Braid. We're backed by top tier investors including Conversion Capital, QED, Fifth Wall, and Village Global as well as angels/operators such as Peter Thiel, Naval, Nichole Wischoff, Eric & Karim at Ramp, etc.
Applications & referrals: firstname.lastname@example.org
What You'll Do
We are looking for our first Chief of Staff to work directly our CEO. You'll be an extension of him and help work on our highest leverage projects across the company. Some examples of what you'll work on day to day:
- Build our CS function by helping to onboard and implement early customers
- Drive strategic partnerships from discovery through implementation including product integrations, strategic lending partners, etc
- Perform financial analysis to help leadership team make key decisions (building budgets, cash flow analysis, unit economics, etc)
- Build basic HR infrastructure like 360 reviews, career progression planning, employee on/off boarding, etc
- Help perform top of funnel recruiting to catalyze hiring efforts across teams
- Work with engineering to design a Retool ops dashboard to monitor critical company KPIs
Our ideal team member may have specialties in some of these areas, but has shown a clear ability to learn quickly.
- 3-5+ years of operations, banking, or management consulting experience
- Intermediate-expert FP&A skills
- A track record for delivering tangible results and prioritizing progress over motion
- A desire to help build an infrastructure-grade fintech product in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to garner buy-in and work across teams such as product, operations, and engineering
- Excited about joining a small, high-growth team and tackle large, open ended problems
- Experience working at operationally complex startups, fintech, or proptech (preferred)
- Healthcare - 100% paid medical, vision & dental with support for dependents
- 401k - with employer contributions coming soon
- Unlimited Time Off - be on when you’re on and off when you’re off
- Hardware Allowance - $2,000 to fix up your workspace or join a co-working space
- Annual Off-sites - fully paid for team off-sites in beautiful corners of the world
- Anything else you're looking for? - let us know as we are rapidly evolving!
How do I get in touch?
Send your profile over to email@example.com ****to apply
Where is Braid located?
We’re building a hybrid remote team — you can be fully remote or choose to work out of our beautiful office in NYC
Can I still come to the office if I’m remote?
Yes, we encourage everyone to come to the office on a quarterly basis to work in-person early on
Who are the founders?
Braid is led by Trent Hedge (CEO) and Marco Monteiro (CTO) — both former YC founders