We're building the professional community platform for the next generation. Ladder is a place where you can find community, make friends, and explore content for every industry, role, interest, or career stage. We're not a job board or an online resume; we're building the best place for the next generation to meaningfully grow their careers.
As an early employee, you’ll be joining a small, fast-moving team of self-starters, where we’re all passionate about creating delight for our users and customers — all while having fun doing it. We’re currently headquartered in San Francisco, and are backed by world-class consumer internet investors including Forerunner Ventures, Seven Seven Six (776), and Pear VC, as well as founders and executives from Reddit, DoorDash, Product Hunt, and more.
We’re quickly growing, and we encourage you to apply if you’re excited to join us right at an inflection point in our growth. As a platform helping our users navigate their careers, we know that your experience might not perfectly align — we’d love to read your application even if your experience doesn’t exactly align with the job description. Feel free to attach a note letting us know more about your path and what makes you stand out!
As Chief of Staff to the CEO, you will be instrumental in taking Ladder from tens of thousands of users to millions of users. You will work directly with Andrew and help the team across operations, product, design, business development, sales, growth, GTM, recruiting, fundraising, investor relations, and more. Everyday will be different, but some of the things you can expect to work on include:
- Lead the GTM strategy, execution, partnerships, and business development for new products
- Be a glue person — design marketing materials, write content, improve internal processes
- Help create the deck for our Series A and participate in the fundraise
- Operations - people ops, business ops, legal ops, office ops, ops ops, you name it!
You can think of this role as Founder/CEO-in-training. This role would be perfect for you if:
- Relevant experience at a high-growth startup, investment bank, consulting firm, tech company, or any other high-stakes operating role
- Extremely organized, adaptable, dependable, responsive, and diligent — you will be an extension of the CEO and being able to follow-through and deliver is very important
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent analytical ability, comfort with ambiguity, and strong bias towards action
- Be able to work in-person at our beautiful, newly renovated office in Downtown San Francisco
- You're passionate about making professional development and career growth accessible to all!
- Know how to code — we use React, TypeScript, Firebase, Python, HTML/CSS
- Experience building or growing a consumer social application
- Experience as a founder or early employee at a startup
- Can start ASAP!
Ladder is proud to be an equal employment workplace committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.