Turing uses machine learning and automation to source and match exceptional software engineers from around the world to top U.S. and Silicon Valley companies that are hiring for remote software positions. For more than 180,000 engineers across 10,000 cities, we are the preferred platform for finding remote U.S. software engineering roles. We offer a wide range of full-time remote opportunities for full-stack, backend, frontend, DevOps, mobile, and AI/ML engineers. 100+ companies including those backed by Sequoia, a16z, Google Ventures, Benchmark, Founders Fund, Kleiner, Lightspeed, and Bessemer have hired Turing engineers.
We recently raised a $32 Million Series B from a number of A-list investors from Silicon Valley and other parts of the world, and have grown over 17x in the last year. Turing was recently featured in America's best startup Employers by Forbes, 2021 and listed among the Top 10 most innovative workplace companies of 2021.
Turing is led by successful repeat founders Jonathan Siddharth and Vijay Krishnan, whose last A.I. company leveraged elite remote talent and had a successful acquisition. (Techcrunch story). Our engineering leadership team comprises former leaders from Facebook, Google and Linkedin. Turing is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, right at the heart of Silicon Valley and works with talented remote team members from 50+ countries around the world.
Turing is searching for a highly qualified Chief of Staff to work closely with the executive team and support our exponential growth. From Day 1, they will be a thought partner and sounding board for the CEO. This is an excellent opportunity to learn what it takes to be a CEO and to work alongside other executives. They will be responsible for helping us achieve our key metrics by streamlining strategic initiatives, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising, strategic business planning, and interdepartmental collaboration. In order to help the CEO increase their bandwidth, the Chief of Staff will also help lead a team of associates to drive business operations. As they build relationships with the CEO and executive team, this can lead to future leadership opportunities within the company.
**You’ll spend time on the following: **
- Maintain candid thought partnership with the CEO in an effort to help them produce the strategies necessary to accomplish their company vision.
- Build excellent relationships with investors and strategic partners by managing communication, following through on their requests, and coordinating next steps
- Drive fundraising efforts by cultivating new investor relationships, managing investor communication, designing compelling decks, briefs, and tracking progress
- Increase CEO bandwidth by overseeing strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Obtain a deep enough understanding and context of the company at an inter-functional level to manage requests/special projects from any function
- Manage the members of the CEO’s Office to increase yours and the CEO’s bandwidth and drive business operations
We’re excited if you have:
- 5+ years experience working in roles that require solid analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills e.g., management consulting, venture capital, experience in high-growth startups etc.
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Strong relationship building skills; proven ability to get results across multiple groups and disciplines.
- Experience planning and leading end-to-end strategic initiatives
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems, build scalable processes with a strong bias for action
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills