Co-Star is looking for its first Chief of Staff to operate as the right hand to the CEO. You’ll ensure her strategy and vision are being articulated throughout the organization by setting, refining and monitoring KPIs for the company; leveling up the entire company and filling in with whatever needs to be done. You’ll have access to the CEO’s work, activities and thinking. There won’t be a typical day, and you’ll thrive in this kind of environment.
Monday you'll be deep in Google Sheets, modeling out the possible outcomes of a new strategic initiative. On Tuesday, you’ll spend the entire day researching a potential opportunity. By Wednesday you’ll prep an investor deck and Thursday you’ll take the first draft of a company-wide memo. Friday, you’ll be shadowing all meetings on behalf of the CEO.
This role is NYC-based. Sorry, no exceptions to this one – our CEO is in NYC so you must be too.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help drive company strategy and decision-making by working directly with the CEO and other key stakeholders to define, measure, and report on KPIs for the business
- Support clear goal setting across the company by outlining the levers for growth and other business objectives
- Manage finances, including budgets and projections
- Support investor relations, including but not limited to updates and presentations
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of new/potential opportunities
- Coordinate special projects that require industry research, goal setting, ongoing support, and external communication with vendors
- Relationship management for the CEO
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- An MBA or equivalent experience in management consulting, business strategy or operations, private equity, or similar field
- Expert level proficiency in financial modeling in Excel/Google Sheets (you should be prepared for a case study); experience with SQL a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (your writing must be stellar)
- Exceptional judgment and maturity, including an ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Basic understanding of consumer social markets and the unique mission of Co–Star