Customer data is the fuel that drives all modern businesses. From product analytics, to marketing, to support, to advertising, advanced data analysis in the warehouse, and even sales – customer data is the raw material for each function at a modern business.
Harnessing that customer data and getting it to the marketing and analytics tools that require it has always been a challenge….until now.
Freshpaint is a Customer Data Platform that powers the entire customer data pipeline and integrates all your tools. We make it really easy for technical teams like engineering, data, and even product to collect customer data. Then we make it really easy for business teams like product, marketing, sales, support, and more to access customer data in the tools they use day-to-day.
We’re fully remote. If you strongly value in-person work, Freshpaint is likely not the best fit for you. Even though we don’t care where you’re located, we do need employees to work US timezone hours. Many of our team is concentrated in various metro areas like SF or NYC.
To balance out our remote-ness, we gather the team 2-4 times per year for offsites. We’ve been to Greece, Santa Fe, San Francisco, and Anderson Valley in the recent past.
We’re backed by leading investors including Y-Combinator, Intel, Abstraction Capital, Data Community Fund, Comma Capital, Pioneer Fund, Hustle Fund, and angel investors like the Head of Data from Slack, Head of Data at LinkedIn, and more.
Who we are:
Freshpaint was founded by web analytics veterans who noticed that the problem of collecting customer data and getting it to all the tools you need to run your business was still not solved. We started as part of Y Combinator’s S19 cohort. We launched our MVP in January 2020, and spent the rest of 2020 working with a handful of early customers to build the product. In 2021 we focused on getting our go-to-market wheels turning and scaling our customer base for the first time. We’ve increased ARR by nearly 10x in the last 12 months.
Our team has deep analytics and growth experience, with all of us coming from high-growth companies like Heap, Mixpanel, Tray.io, Gorgias, and Quantum Metric.
If you value lots of freedom and ownership in your work, interfacing with customers, and working on a product with high customer impact, then Freshpaint is your home.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation for sales and marketing programs and projects.
- Improve current go-to-market processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Oversee daily company operations through collaboration with senior management, performing an array of administrative and strategic tasks.
- Oversee strategic GTM business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership
- Organize and run company-wide communication sessions (think all-hands, offsites, etc)
What you'll be doing:
This is largely an ambiguous role with an incredibly wide range of responsibilities. You will work 1-1 with our CEO in a high-trust role where you will get to work on high-stakes initiatives that will help the business scale.
In any given week this may include:
- Work with Freshpaint’s legal, finance, and tax teams and external vendors to solve business operations problems
- Manage, update, and enhance our company’s operational model
- Help the leadership team prepare for board meetings and other strategic-level meetings
- Plan and execute our company-wide offsites 3-4x per year
- Assist with data requests, analysis, and materials for things like founder-level decision making, board meetings, fundraising, and more
- Work with our channel partners to tally up referral commissions from business referred.
- Negotiate SaaS contracts
- Fun projects like planning out company swag
This is not an executive admin position – you will not be managing our CEO’s calendar. We need someone that’s strategic and can think for the CEO.
You'll be the right hand to our CEO and will have 100% access to everything our CEO does (meetings, docs, email, slack). You will need to quickly understand Freshpaint’s business across all functions, focusing on delivering strategic plans for optimal outcomes in 2022 and beyond!
Requirements - what you'll bring:
(If you don't meet all of these requirements, you should still apply. We're big on high-slope individuals, so if you can quickly grow into some requirements we'd love to hear from you)
- 2+ years of experience in high-growth SaaS, highly strategic, operational, and analytical environments e.g. business operations, product management, investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity, or venture capital.
- Ability to solve complex business problems, think from first principles, and build scalable processes.
- You get things done – fast. You take ownership and solve problems when you see them
- You have experience working closely with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, or Business Development teams, and possess familiarity with go-to-market metrics.
- You consider yourself a self-starter and thrive at vision-setting, solving problems, and driving action in a fast-paced environment: navigating ambiguity and complexity to deliver results.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- CEO can fully trust you. You must be able to handle being given a complex project with the mandate of “fix this”, and you solve it without being told specific steps of how to approach it.
- HUGE bonus: former founder
- Bonus: Good at planning travel
- Bonus: SF based
Benefits - what we offer in return:
- Joining a high-growth venture-backed startup on the first floor. You will be employee #15 to 20 ish.
- Competitive compensation with generous, employee-friendly equity. We have a 10-year exercise window.
- Freshpaint Fridays: Half-day Fridays. Every week.
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum requirement of 2 weeks per year. Plus various observed holidays.
- 100% remote
- Flex in-office if you want with $150 WeWork credits each month
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered by the company (some states it’s 99% because laws).
- Mental health benefits - therapy appointments and more covered by the company
- 2 Treat Yourself Days per year: We'll pay you $100 to take a day off and do whatever makes you happy. The only catch is you have to share what you did with the rest of the team.
- Generous parental leave
- Paid Spotify
- Health & Wellness benefit – gym membership or similar covered
- Regular team offsites 2-4 times per year. We've been to Greece, Santa Fe, and Anderson Valley (CA) recently. Our next offsite is planned for Mexico.
- Ownership of your work, collaboration with a close team, and direct access to founders and what it’s like to build a startup. If you leave to start your own company, we'd love to be your first angel investors.
If you are interested in reading more about our team and our values, check out our team page.