Be Part Of a Bank Like No Other.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
The Chief of Staff is the right-hand person to the Chief Product Officer (CPO) to provide support and insight for strategic planning and help direct change management throughout the division. This individual will partner closely with the Chief Product Office in the following ways - be a trusted advisor and brainstorming partner help initiate and lead change throughout the the organization help strategic ideas take root, provide early facilitation until a more formal project is established act with a sense of urgent to be able to address pressing business issues that require immediate attention, build critical connections with other lines of business and provide informed, data driven decision., Providing independent, informed, data driven, unbiased insight including on the ground feedback.
This critical, trusted leadership role drives strategic business planning, communication, change management activities and coordination across and among our team for common routines and risk activities.
As a Chief of Staff, you will manage a small team of direct reports and oversee the following core functions spanning across the division
The essential functions and key responsibilities of the Chief of Staff include the following areas
- Goals and Key Objectives Create highly ambitious goals and key objectives in partnership with the Product Leadership team that strive towards a clear and common vision to achieve success.
- Partner with Product leaders to ensure creation and execution of all programs aligned to goals and key objectives. Help mitigate issues/roadblocks in completion of key initiatives or projects in support of these goals. Create and publish progress against goals and key objectives. Continuously redefine goals and key objectives as needed and manage timelines and milestones in an ever changing environment. Communication and Engagement Ensure sharp focus on team communications and operations for better employee engagement and enablement. Oversee the planning of business leadership meetings, All-Hands, and offsites. Workforce Planning Oversee workforce and resource management for the Product organization which includes overseeing new req creation, eliminating roadblocks and driving clarity on resource management decisions
- Strategic Planning With the leadership team, create the group’s corporate strategic plan. Support leadership to ensure the strategic vision is articulated, implemented and shared effectively. In addition, support CPO in preparation of board, executive committee and external stakeholder presentations. Lead monthly business reviews.
- Identify and share indicators of transformational need to drive productivity
- Change Management Drive a cohesive approach to aligning to change management activities including communications planning, training, and stakeholder management across the Chief Product Office and the first line of defense
- 15+ years of related operational and strategic experience at a Large Financial Institution. Experience should include a minimum of 10+ years in Strategy & Ops, Program management and experience driving organizational change
- Experience proactively identifying reputational, strategic, compliance, technology and operational risks and assessing the adequacy of controls to manage such risks, including recommending enhanced or additional controls
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and relationships, manage matrixed teams, bridge communication gaps, resolve conflicts, and influence stakeholders at all levels (including executives)
- Polished diplomacy, active listening, persuasiveness, and presentation skills to communicate changes and gain consensus, and cooperation in the face of conflicting viewpoints, resistance to change, and other constraints
- Critical-thinking, business analysis, and process engineering skills to manage, contribute to, and foresee pitfalls in process-related deliverables
- Experience developing presentations and presenting to executive management
- Strong business acumen in financial services or related industry, and a proven ability to balance strategic thinking with practical implementation skills.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to motivate teams and drive performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large, complex organizations, including effective influencing skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
Bachelor’s degree required Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
© 2022 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq SIVB).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK (Company Number 12546585). Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Firm Reference Number 543146). Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.