Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Workday is seeking an experienced Portfolio/Chief of Staff leader. Reporting to the SVP, of Talent Acquisition, People ops and Insights, this role will help develop and implement the strategy for a multi-disciplinary HR team of 250 workmates across several functions including Talent Acquisition, People Analytics, People Operations, M&A, Portfolio management, and HR PMO. The ideal candidate will have a background in consulting, strategy development, communications and preferably worked within a global People function.
About the Role
This role will drive forward initiatives on behalf of the SVP, and simultaneously extend the effectiveness of the SVP and the organization by creating streamlined processes, communicating consistently, building trust across the organization, prioritizing areas for investment, and assisting key leaders in achieving focus with their teams. This is a key role that will serve as a trusted advisor and be an integral part of the leadership team.
Internal Communications and Coordination:
- Organize and run key meetings within the organization including Staff meetings, Leadership Offsites, Town Halls, etc.
- Establish and own internal Communications strategy that energizes the team and ensures everyone stays aligned on the most important focus areas
Operations and Strategic Management:
- Drive and own adoption and execution of OKRs across the leadership team including OKR review process and alignment to key company initiatives.
- Support reporting on key risks, issues, budget, and key metrics. Introduce a portfolio management process for the organization to bring visibility to the outcomes of key initiatives
- Lead a unified planning motion to ensure roadmaps are up to date, aligned to the mission, and impacts are measured as appropriate
- Support and promote professional development, and identify/implement key programs across the org in close partnership with HR business partner
- Partner with the leadership team on key organizational changes, leadership alignment, and process improvements in order to ensure vision and strategy are enabled.
- Advise on confidential matters and maintain a high level of discretion.
- Collaboration - builds strong connections across multiple organizations
- Communication - strong presence and ability to communicate appropriately across different levels and roles
- Data Curator - leverages data from multiple sources to make informed decisions; assesses multiple viewpoints and come up with a path forward. Thinks about problems from different perspectives and leverages data driven analysis;
- Project and Program Management - manages multiple strategic programs and projects; delivers on key milestones
- Strategic Mindset - sees the big picture and outlines key outcomes;
- Results Oriented - works closely with the leadership team to deliver key initiatives and outcomes. Able to dig into details
- Influence - Has a point of view on matters related to the organization. Is able to influence with intent, facilitate and coach to influence outcomes & decisions related key initiatives
- 8+ years of relevant experience in business operations, strategy, consulting, and direct HR experience
- Expert experience with Google Suite/MSTF Office and demonstrated ability to create simple yet effective decks to communicate a message
- Deep experience in a fast growing technology company
- Ability to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, professionally, and empathetically
- Intellectual curiosity paired with a high growth-mindset
- Utterly organized and detail-oriented with a love for creating order out of chaos.