About the job
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Chief of Staff to join our People & Communities team.
What You Will Do
Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, the Chief of Staff role is a force-multiplier for the P&C team . You will wear many hats, your core responsibility lies in the definition and execution of strategic operational projects. You will lead the operational rhythm of the team, manage the priorities and all aspects of staff operations as we grow and spearhead special projects. This is a new position for the People & Communities (P&C) team at Patreon.
We are seeking someone who can elevate the way our organization impacts the business. We want your expertise, insights, and passion to facilitate effective collaboration, consistent communication, and impactful insights for our work.
- Define, drive, and refine the operational cadence of the organization, ensuring it relates to the broader calendar of the business and crafts space for P&C to be a proactive team.
- Ensuring alignment within the P&C Leadership team and throughout the organization.
- Incubation of new initiatives as appropriate and then spinning them off to other teams, or winding them down entirely and integrating our findings to future efforts.
- Cross functional leadership and influence with Legal, FP&A, and other critical partners.
- Advocating for all P&C priorities, from L&D to D&I to TA to Career Pathing to our Hybrid Workforce, especially when their leaders are not in the room.
- Leading the budget, headcount, and metrics of the P&C organization, including ensuring that correct priorities are measured and constantly improving.
- Supporting board preparedness efforts
Skills And Experience You Possess
- You know that P&C can be a strategic advantage for a company, and you are confident and have the data that you can push that even further at Patreon
- You can operate at the highest strategic level, while still representing and connecting with the most tactical challenges
- You are comfortable driving multiple, disparate initiatives at once and adapting as priorities shift - you have the tools and approaches to limit the burden
- Strength to speak the truth, especially when it’s hard and have a clear and compassionate communication style
- Eagerness to go first when ambitious problems arise - you are happy to be in the thick of it with a team.
- Ease with storytelling and pulling together compelling, data-driven narratives to influence stakeholders
- You seek out partnerships and offer help before others have realized it would be beneficial
- You are great with broad corporate priorities and minute individual details and see how they are interwoven and interdependent
- You are already thinking about all the things we didn’t include in this job description that you know would make us better
Projects You May Work On
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Diversity & Inclusion strategy
- Change management
- Workforce planning
- Social impact philosophy
What You Will Have The Chance To Learn
Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious . You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
- Computer Software Internet Financial Services