Build the programs to help Flexport grow.
As the Chief of Staff to the Chief People Officer, you'll be at the center of managing key aspects of the CPO's day-to-day engagements and you will manage a team of Program Managers to help drive priority initiatives forward. The Chief of Staff extends their Executive’s influence and reach, and acts as a confidante and advisor, often serving as a sounding board for ideas. The team reporting to the Chief of Staff are deployed on the most critical People Team projects, bringing overall structure and change management to each project. As a Chief of Staff, you thrive in high-velocity, unstructured environments and possess the acute business judgment and communication skills needed to collaborate with a variety of people and job functions. You're outrageously organized and thorough, anticipating potential issues before they become a problem. You have an interest in technology and global trade and are hungry to learn what it takes to grow and manage a pre-IPO company.
- Act as the ‘right hand’ to the Chief People Officer, working behind the scenes to improve operational efficiency, solve problems, make decisions, and manage organizational issues before they need to come to the attention of the CPO
- Assist the CPO in executing on People Team goals and initiatives by tracking progress, gathering status updates, and deploying Program Managers to assist where needed
- Manage a team of Program Managers to drive strategic cross-functional projects and initiatives across both HR and Recruiting
- Prioritize, optimize, and align portfolios of cross-functional programs to ensure the strategy is accurately translated into successful execution
- Be a thought partner for the CPO on organizational structure and design, helping define and lead the hiring strategy and onboarding processes
- Troubleshoot and handle the daily needs of the organization, allowing the CPO to focus their efforts on developing new strategies
- Partner with the CPO and People leadership team to develop a strong sense of culture and community within the broader people team
- Be responsible for the preparation & presentation of key materials for the CPO including All Hands and some staff meetings
- Create and maintain cross-departmental relationships to drive visibility and alignment
- Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions
You should have:
- 7+ years total work experience, at least 4 of which have been in Program Manager or HR-specific roles
- A proven track record of effectively interacting with C-Suite executives
- Experience in managing diverse, complex teams whether directly or indirectly through project work
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.