We’re looking for a Partner Operations Manager/Chief of Staff to work with Co-founder & General Partner Erik Torenberg as his trusted right-hand. In this role, you’ll work with the team at Village to devise and implement strategies and processes to best support Erik and his portfolio companies. You’ll work across all functions of the partnership at Village to ensure all priorities are executed upon, collaborating with Erik’s EA and the rest of the Village team to ensure we’re providing the best service possible to our portfolio companies. This role is perfect for a hyper-organized project manager who has a bias towards action & execution. Regardless of your background & future goals, this will be a powerful career-defining role for the right person.
Requirements / Who you are
- Organized & detail oriented smart generalist who can keep trains running on time & leaves no stone left unturned
- Strong ability to “altitude shift” — zoom out for high level strategic thinking, then zoom back in to ruthlessly prioritize and execute
- Proactive — you can handle ambiguity without needing to be micromanaged
- Positive-sum & low-ego team player
- You get the startup grind, can be left to work autonomously, and are solutions focused
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience in startups/venture capital
Responsibilities / What you’ll do
- Track internal deal pipeline in our CRM, facilitating the closing of new investments with Village’s back office and routing deal flow to respective scouts & potential co-investors
- Manage and process inbound & outbound communication within the Village Global ecosystem & beyond.
- Anticipate, prepare, and organize all materials necessary for upcoming meetings and events into easy to understand briefings to settle on important priorities
- Build and maintain relationships with potential partners, domain experts, and more across Village Global’s network to unearth new opportunities to add value to the firm, its portfolio companies, or other people we work with. Identify opportunities to add value to founders.
- Be a trusted thought partner & liaison to the broader Village Global team, portfolio companies, and any other important collaborators.
This position is not:
An associate position or a partner-track role. Instead you’ll gain full, unfiltered visibility into the life of a General Partner at a VC firm while acting as a liaison between Erik and the broader Village Global team and portfolio, which includes deal work and portfolio company support.